LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

3 kg lpg cylinders

Does anybody in this forum is well aware of the rules and regulations on the sale of small LPG cylinders that are ordinarily beimng used as gas stoves? I have seen them being sold in the open market with no restrictions.I have enquired from the market nearby Neredmet , 500056 that even the dealer is ready to provide filled cylinder once you buy the 3 kg cyl along with the stove kit from him.Its a genral utensil shop. And there are many others.Don't they need licences as LPG is considered highly inflamable? Or there is no such restriction? IOCL/HPL avoided answering my queries in this respect.

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 December 2011

@ Author,

As backdoor it seems IOCL / HPL is following (read as un-officially adopting) Indonesian model of subsidized sale of 3 Kg. LPG gas cylinders which even UPA Govt. at one time was thinking to consider giving it a go in Indian context to cut down on HUGE energy sunsidy bill each deficit year the Nation faces!

2. For the Official Rules and Regulations especially under Schedule I / II  what is legal and what is illegal refer to annexed Offical PDF file.

So, shall you do the needful (file a PIL in larger public interest) now that you are made aware of the 20 page Official core document
J  

Attached File : 85555 233134 41 lpg regulation of distribution.pdf downloaded: 81 times
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register