Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh M. (System Administrator)     27 November 2011

Marriage without any certificate of bride

Hi,

I am from Mumbai (32 yrs age) and i have got my girlfriend (26 yrs age) from a village in Orissa to Mumbai. Since her uncle was not ready for our marriage i picked her up from her home after verbal fight with her uncle. She is also ready to get married to me. Now the problem is that i don't have any of her certificates or legal documents with me. What is the way out of this now. How can we get married. We are both residents of India. I have all my documents with me but don't have any of her documents and also i am sure her uncle will never provide me with the documents for her. Please suggest a way out of this for me. Since its very urgent.

Thanks,

Santosh

Learning

13 Replies

Raj solanki (Advocate)     27 November 2011

hi,  you may go to arya samaj mandir and give affidavit him about your age,  and address then he will soleminize your marriage in the Mandir and will issue a marriage certificate. thereafter you no need to worry

1 Like

Thanks Sir,

But can you please brief me in detail, because i don't have any document of her with me and i learnt that even at Arya Samaj we need to submit documents. And for Affidavit is there any legal format. Can you please guide.

Thanks,

Santosh

And also sir,

I am Maharashtrian and she is Bihari. Both Hindu. Will the caste affect.

Thanks,

Santosh

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 November 2011

As long as both of you are Hindus and both above the marriagebale age the marrige is valid regardless the caste or mother tongeu or domicile.

1 Like

Thanks,

I visited the Arya Samaj Mandir to know the procedure. I was told that the birth certificate is required for age verification. Or else he asked me to contact an advocate for any other option like affidavit for age also. Can you please brief me this option.

Thanks,

Santosh

Santosh M. (System Administrator)     28 November 2011

Can anyone help me with the above query?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 November 2011

you are not the first one to have approached Aryasamaj and having been advised so.

Santosh M. (System Administrator)     29 November 2011

Hey, 

How about the PAN Card. I can get PAN card of the girl. Can it be considered as the age proof. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Santosh

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2011

When you are in no mood to swallow the easiest solution given to you by Aryasamaj no amount of advise can be of your help.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 December 2011

Right, contact local advocate, get an affidavit made and lo your work is done.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Santosh M. (System Administrator)     02 December 2011

Thanks everyone for the guidance, If i come across any trouble ahead will be back to ask the experts.

Thanks,

Santosh M.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 December 2011

yes you will contact the forum again when in trouble beacuse the type of marriage you are entering is at times successful mostly a series of tears when the illusion of mutual attraction is over. So far you have sought advise as to how to complete marrriage adneveryone has advised you accordingly.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 December 2011

Whoops, calm down Mr. Sudhir.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register