Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajakumar (Team Lead)     26 November 2011

Privilege leave

Hello Experts,

I am working in a software company in chennai, I have got 15 days of privilege leave.

If I resign my job, can i encash these leaves. Is there any limit in the number of days can be encashed ?

Thanks

Raj

Learning

4 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 November 2011

THe privilege leave can either can be encashed or even adjusted against the notice period (adjusment against notice period has to be by mutual consent with the employer). The encahsment would be of the basic component of the salary.

vasudevan

1 Like

Rajakumar (Team Lead)     26 November 2011

Thanks for your answer Mr. Vasudevan. So, you mean there is no limit in number of days can be encased. am i rite. ? because my employer says that, I can only claim for maximum of 7 days eventhough I have got more than 7 days. Please clarify me

Thanks for your response

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 November 2011

Usually companies limits the encashment part, to encourage employees availing the privilege leave, as an employee welfare measure. However, this would not apply for a resignee and the settlement must include the actual PL accrued and standing to the employee's credit.

vasudevan

Mallesh   28 June 2015

Dear Sir(s),

I am working with a Bank from Dec 2010. As per our Bank  HR policy rules Previlige leaves cannot be encashed for Joineees after october 2010 and there was a clause that the Previlige Leaves can be off set against the Notice Period subject to sole discretion of bank . At present I am having 61 PL's outstanding can i get the benefit of PL's been off set against notice period of 90 days  if i resign now .

Please help on this and do the neeedful

Regards

Mallesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register