Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Married men should forget about their freedom ;sc

Married Men Should Forget About Their Freedom :SC

People haven’t forgotten the advice given last year by Justice Katju of Supreme Court to husbands “Do what the wife tells you and never question her authority.” .  Now another ‘sage’ advice comes the way of Indian husbands from another SC judge Deepak Verma.

However, one would expect more logic from an SC judge who says “restrictions on independence are like dividends”… it is difficult to fathom how is restriction on independence is a dividend in itself.  It is more a tax than dividend.

From;https://nyayayodha.blogspot.com/2010/06/another-glorious-statement-by-another.html

NEW DELHI: Married men should forget about their freedom after they tie the nuptial knot as restrictions on their independence are like “dividends” they have to pay for matrimony, the Supreme Court said on Thursday in a divorce suit.

“Whenever a person is married, there is no question of independence,” Justice Deepak Verma said, hearing a divorce suit between Colonel Ajit Sharma (name changed) and his estranged wife and software professional Seema Sharma (name changed).

By making the observations, the court revisited the remarks of the vacation bench of Justice Markandey Katju and Justice Verma of 2009 wherein it had said: “Do what the wife tells you and never question her authority.”

Justice Katju had said: “If men want to rule their life then they should always be on the right side of their wife. Otherwise, a defiant husband’s life would be ruled by others.”

He said that if the “wife says turn right, turn right and if she says turn left, then turn left”. On Thursday, the observation about husbands surrendering their independence came when the court was told that Seema had wished “happy Independence Day” to her husband when both of them filed a divorce suit by mutual consent.

The bench of Justice Verma and Justice K S Radhakrishnan was hearing an appeal filed by Ajit seeking divorce from his wife. They have a 14-year-old daughter Priyanka (name changed) studying at a boarding school in Dehradun.

Initially, the court said: “We are not made to break up marriages.” Thereafter, the court counselled the couple to go for reconciliation. The two were told by the court that for them, the welfare and the future of their child should be the top priority.

However, soon realising that the couple could not live peacefully under one roof, the court worked out a package that could mitigate the difficulties of the mother who was to bring up Priyanka after separation.

The court asked Ajit to suggest a package that he was willing to offer his estranged wife so that she could bear the expenses of bringing up their daughter. The court said that the package should factor in inflation, price rise and the cost of child’s education, her marriage and other needs. It gave Ajit time to think over it.

When SC resumed hearing, Seema was told that besides Ajit bearing entire expenses of Priyanka’s education till senior secondary, he would pay her Rs 4 lakh and give a 250 square metre plot in Secunderabad in Andhra Pradesh.

Ajit said she could dispose the house to mop up more money. The package was in addition to the Rs 1.50 lakh that has already been given to Seema by him. An insurance policy of Rs 5 lakh in the name of their daughter has also been given to her.

After a second adjournment, Seema told SC that she wanted a plot of land in Delhi or Gurgaon and demanded an arrangement for their daughter’s education after school.

Learning

12 Replies

(Guest)

Men are merely sperm donors and beyond that they are useless like Blossoming flowers which use pollen to impregnate themselves.

**Victim** (job)     02 November 2011

Originally posted by :Nina [ J.D ]
"
Men are merely sperm donors and beyond that they are useless like Blossoming flowers which use pollen to impregnate themselves.
"

Nina in order to mitigate your misconception there are lots and lots of example i can put in front of you where womens suffer because of such thoughts and when things don't work they would knock courts door because they know law is already womens biased. There are tons and tons of marital issues pending in courts.........

(Guest)
Originally posted by :**Victim**
"

"

"

Nina in order to mitigate your misconception there are lots and lots of example i can put in front of you where womens suffer because of such thoughts and when things don't work they would knock courts door because they know law is already womens biased. There are tons and tons of marital issues pending in courts.........

"

BUT WHAT NINA SAYS IS 100% TRUE BECAUSE PENDING CASES ARE A DIFFERENT ISSUE AND THOUGH OF MEN TOWARDS IS A DIFFERENT ISSUE.ITS ALL MEN DOMINATING NATURE WHAT YIELDED SO MANY  WOMEN FAVOURED LAWS BUT INSPITE THESE LAWS THEY DONT GET PROPER RELIEF .AS JUDICIARY IS RUN BY MEN MAINLY.

Originally posted by :goodgirl ....and loving it!!!!
"

Originally posted by :**Victim**

"

"

"

"

BUT WHAT NINA SAYS IS 100% TRUE BECAUSE PENDING CASES ARE A DIFFERENT ISSUE AND THOUGH OF MEN TOWARDS IS A DIFFERENT ISSUE.ITS ALL MEN DOMINATING NATURE WHAT YIELDED SO MANY  WOMEN FAVOURED LAWS BUT INSPITE THESE LAWS THEY DONT GET PROPER RELIEF .AS JUDICIARY IS RUN BY MEN MAINLY.
"

Goodgirl have you came across Newton's Law of Motion ? Third law says "The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear" same thing is happening between husband and wife. If wife would pull strings upcourse men knows how to reply ? No matter whatever it takes to go against biased laws...

(Guest)

Dear Victim,

I grab that what you are saying is what I am saying albeit in different tones. What I am stating is that men are too unimportant to merit the attention of courts. Women who file all sorts of cases against men and cause themselves and others agony are just too silly. Oh well my Diatribe was against posting of this Judgment and meant no offense to anyone. I personally think judgments should not be posted at the drop of a hat.

"
Dear Victim,

I grab that what you are saying is what I am saying albeit in different tones. What I am stating is that men are too unimportant to merit the attention of courts. Women who file all sorts of cases against men and cause themselves and others agony are just too silly. Oh well my Diatribe was against posting of this Judgment and meant no offense to anyone. I personally think judgments should not be posted at the drop of a hat.
"

Well neither i meant to fulminate

"
Dear Victim,

"

Well neither i meant of fulminate !!!

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     02 November 2011

Because of these type of useless observations by the Judges greedy wifes are prospering on the money of husband and enjoying with others.

VERY BAD 

1 Like

Raj Vikram Singh (Software Engg)     02 November 2011

Balance Story:

Apparently displeased over her exaggerated demand, Justice Verma said: "What to talk of a colonel even we can't afford to buy a square yard of land in Delhi. No body will give you (a plot) for a song."

Justice Verma said: "You can't keep on bending a person to the point of breaking". The court adjourned the matter to be listed in second week of August. (IANS)

https://headlinesindia.mapsofindia.com/judiciary/supreme-court/forget-about-freedom-apex-court-tells-married-men-52406.html

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     02 November 2011

Originally posted by :Raj Vikram Singh
"
Balance Story:

Apparently displeased over her exaggerated demand, Justice Verma said: "What to talk of a colonel even we can't afford to buy a square yard of land in Delhi. No body will give you (a plot) for a song."

Justice Verma said: "You can't keep on bending a person to the point of breaking". The court adjourned the matter to be listed in second week of August. (IANS)

https://headlinesindia.mapsofindia.com/judiciary/supreme-court/forget-about-freedom-apex-court-tells-married-men-52406.html
"

Demand for a plot (to build a home sometime in future)may be exaggerated,but have you ever wondered how well a woman is treated post divorce by her own kith and kin,when she stays with them in THEIR HOUSE?

So,what's the harm in asking for her and her daughter's security?

(Guest)

Justice Katju had said: “If men want to rule their life then they should always be on the right side of their wife. Otherwise, a defiant husband’s life would be ruled by others.”

He said that if the “wife says turn right, turn right and if she says turn left, then turn left”.

On Thursday, the observation about husbands surrendering their independence came when the court was told that Seema had wished “happy Independence Day” to her husband when both of them filed a divorce suit by mutual consent.

The bench of Justice Verma and Justice K.S. Radhakrishnan was hearing an appeal filed by Ajit seeking divorce from his wife. They have a 14-year-old daughter Priyanka (name changed) studying at a boarding school in Dehradun.

Initially, the court said: “We are not made to break up marriages.”

Thereafter, the court counselled the couple to go for reconciliation.

The two were told by the court that for them,the welfare and the future of their child should be the top priority.

However, soon realizing that the couple could not live peacefully under one roof, the court worked out a package that could mitigate the difficulties of the mother who was to bring up Priyanka after separation.

The court asked Ajit to suggest a package that he was willing to offer his estranged wife so that she could bear the expenses of bringing up their daughter.

The court said that the package should factor in inflation, price rise and the cost of child’s education, her marriage and other needs. It gave Ajit time to think over it.

When the court resumed hearing, Seema was told that besides Ajit bearing entire expenses of Priyanka’s education till senior secondary, he would pay her Rs.four lakh and give a 250 square metre plot in Secunderabad in Andhra Pradesh.

Ajit said that she could dispose the house to mop up more money. The package was in addition to the Rs.1.50 lakh that have already been given to Seema by him. An insurance policy of Rs.five lakh in the name of their daughter has also been given to her.

After a second adjournment, Seema told the court that she wanted a plot of land in Delhi or Gurgaon and demanded an arrangement for their daughter’s education after school.

Apparently displeased over her exaggerated demand, Justice Verma said: “What to talk of a colonel even we can’t afford to buy a square yard of land in Delhi. Nobody will give you (a plot) for a song.”

Justice Verma said: “You can’t keep on bending a person to the point of breaking”. The court adjourned the matter to be listed in second week of August."

From;https://www.domesticviolences.com/forget-about-freedom-apex-court-tells-married-men/

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 November 2011

I don't know why people pick up court banter.

If that was the case, all gender based jokes should become basis of judging a gender.

Let it be the same what it is, banter, and nothing beyond that.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register