LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Khanna (prop)     13 October 2011

Criminal

An  FIR was registered on my complaint and police filled  it’s  report u/s 173(2). I applied for the full copy of file in court and on receipt of certified copy I found that the police has not filed the statements taken u/s 161 of witnesses and alleged in the court file.

In the meantime I inspected the vigilance file of police in which I found that the I.O has made additions  in the statement of witnesses by adding a line which is quite apparent that the line has been added after recording statements.

Pl. Advise:

1.      What should I do as regard tempering of statements is concerned and what action should I take against the I.O to bring the matter in the eyes of law?

2.      How to get the certified copy 161 statements from the court?

Learning

4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     13 October 2011

Dear Arun

as your query

if you think that the IO tempering the statement  then the question is how to prove it. if you have any proof

secondly you can applied for certified copy of 161 as you filed earliar.

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 October 2011

Let the witness say the same in court, then the IO can be prosecuted by the Magistrate for the same,

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

kuldeep kumar (lawyers)     14 October 2011

NOTHING CAN HAPPENS DEARS AS THE STATEMENTS ARE UNSIGNED.WITNESS ONLY HAS TO SAY THAT HE MADE AND IF SAID HE MADE SUCH STATEMENTS.NOTHING CAN HAPPEN

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 October 2011

161 statements are not signed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register