LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (TM)     28 September 2011

Valaidity of an unregistered sale agreement

we had entered a sale agreement with my father-in-law of house and paid an advance - period of the agreement was 2 years that expired on May 2011. My father-in law did hypothecate the document and released the document on July 2011 so we were not able to buy the property as per agrement date. now when we are ready my fatherin law is not willing to sell the property demands more money. what can we do now. agreement is not a registered agreement

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     28 September 2011

Within 3 years from May 2011 you will have to file a suit for specific performance of contract by giving him a notice. Immediately issue legal notice to him and file a suit for specific performance of contract.
2 Like

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     28 September 2011

Dear Raja,

you have to show your willingness and readiness that you are ready with payment and all other arrangement for registration of sale deed as per Specific Performance of contract as well as under cpc. Send Registered Letter or throuhg Speed post. thereafter expiry of 15-20 days  issue notice to your father in law. thereafter file civil suit for specific performance.

Regards

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

9811210505, 9868635640

2 Like

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     02 October 2011

Sale agreement is not compulsoryy registrble documents. Sale agreement is need not  necesary to register AND  many rulings of apex court says. then proceed as rajoo and rajive suggested 

K.V.S.S.PRABHAKAR RAO

ADVOCATE

RAJAHMUNDRY (A.P.)

2 Like

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     28 October 2011

This sale is within kith and kin. The document was hypothecated after agreement, that to by the seller and not the buyer.

Likelyhood of "Terms of sale" being loosely worded is high. Terms of the agreement will determine legality, the way law, society will handle this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register