Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemanth (student)     16 September 2011

Can a 19 years old male marry?

can a 19 yr old male marry..?

dear sir, i hav a big problem to be sorted out.... i'm in a relationship with my girl...! we wish to make it into a lifelong one...! i turned 19 this august and she wil be 18 coming january...! we both are doing our UG degree now we both love each other truely..! the thing is that in her family they were asking her to marry from 1 and half yrs...! later she somehow convinced them that she has to complete her education because she could stop them from marrying her and also cos i want her to atleat get an good education. now recently it is herd that her parents are searching a bride for her, anyhow it'l take around 2 more yrs... Our marrage cannot be arranged getting permission from our parents because neither in their famely nor in our family they will allow inter-caste marriage...! so we both have deceided to marry legally without informin anyone...! She loves me very much and is ready to leave anyone out to get me same as i. evan we both hav understood ourselves so much that we want to live togeather for rest of our lives... I know that marriage is not a small thing at this age, but in this condition, there is no other choice... I want her to complete her education and even i want to complete it so that we could lead a prosporus life I'm requesting u to please suggest us any solution...! and Can i marry her when she completes 18...?? if Yes, how shld i marry legally? if No, can she be with me as we both will be majors for a live in relationship... or else any other choice if we be togeather or marry and if any 1 of them complains on us or me what will be the concequences sir... help me in this also...1 incase if there is a problem from our parents without any legal authority what shld we do or whom should we seek protection for as both the families are little influential...! Please help us and give a suggetion sir as time is very limited and if any of our family comes to know about it thn it'll be the end...! suggest me what to do by keeping that we need to complete our education and must live togeather lifelong..! hoping for a sooner response i end this

Learning

17 Replies

(Guest)

@Author

you have to attain 21 years of age otherwise your marriage is not valid.

You are a student, how you will survive after marriage?

when proverty knocks at d door love flies away through window.R u financially sound to get married??

kuldeep kumar (lawyers)     16 September 2011

ur marriage is valid no age bar....

jitender pawaria (Advocate)     16 September 2011

VERY IMPRESSIVE AND PARCTICAL ANS. BY UTPALA KAUR

(Guest)

You have to be atleast 21 years of age.

this is just an emotional outburst. Concentrate on your studies .

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 September 2011

The marriage between underage are valid marriage, but the girl has an option to repudiate the same within 2 years of her turning 18. It is also called Option of Puberty, which is picked up from Muslim Marriage Laws and introduced in Hindu Marriage Act.

Also the other problems would be that the girl's parents would normally file cases like abduction, rape, inducement against you.

So let sanity prevail and if the girl is not pregnant, wait for the right time.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     17 September 2011

GET MARRIED and let anybody challenge it.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 September 2011

Why Avinash Kaur Ji,

Why get into dangerous zone, when you can wait and time make things easier for you.

Why not defer gratification and run after instant gratifications.

What would the guy do if there are 10 cases facing him at this tender age.

What would the gal do, if she is married once and the boy is roped in cases, her name would sully beyond repair.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     17 September 2011

BUT keep it secret.

kuldeep kumar (lawyers)     17 September 2011

are yar who is going to challenge it..it has nowhere been said.dont ruin ur love for law...this is india...delhi high court is not safe from attackers...what is worth

(Guest)

Dont marry now.Else it will be a way to your Barbadi.

If she changes her version later then??I have seen many girls changing her statement at police station after getting held after eloping.

Dont trust teen aged girls. 

2 Like

gaury..fight to win (Education)     17 September 2011

Yes.Don't marry.For reason read my homepage.

hemanth (student)     19 September 2011

so its better to stay unmarried till 21 is the only solution huh...???

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 September 2011

yes

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     19 September 2011

NO

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register