LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 August 2011

What happened when lokpal bill was passed in singapore

In 1982 , In Singapore ,LOKPAL BILL was implemented and 142 Corrupt Ministers & Officers were arrested in one single day

Today,Singapore has only 1% poor people & no taxes are paid by the people to the government.

92% Literacy Rate, Better Medical Facilities , Cheaper Prices.

90%  Money is white & Only 1 % Unemployment exists.

This is What we want.

Is this wrong on our part to ask for such things?

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 August 2011

There is nothing wrong to ask. But it requires daring govt., We are fed with the corruption.

Concerned Citizen (-)     27 August 2011

This is an absolutely baseless media campaign started by people who don't have enough work or too much free time. In 1952, the British colonial government set up the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) to investigate & prosecute corrupt practices in public & private sectors. You can read all about it here and about their effectiveness over here.

The Lokpal bill is a start, not a magic wand that will make everything all right. It depends upon the implementation of the law. Furthermore, Singapore is a much smaller country with a lower population density & cultural diversity. We need this bill to be efficiently discussed in parliament & it's implications to be evaluated. Mr Hazare has made his point, but holding a sword above the Parliament is not the right way, not the democatic way.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Concerned Citizen
"
This is an absolutely baseless media campaign started by people who don't have enough work or too much free time. 

"

Dear Concerned Citizen,

How much did Congress pay you to write all this?

It seems you are a sarkari chamcha..

Jeeevan Sharma (SHIPPING ENGINEER)     29 August 2011

Dear Concerned Citizen,

I think you often blunder out without thinking twice,

Regards/Jeevan

Concerned Citizen (-)     15 September 2011

Dear Princess/Jeee(...?)van,

Thankfully, Mr Hazare and his team have more sense than you two. Like I said, the only way for the issue to proceed further was for Mr Hazare to end his fast. Now, the bill can be debated upon, analysed and then passed as per law.

Princess, I have no affiliation with any political party. Refrain from flaming mindlessly.

Jeeevan, please go back and read my post. Go thru the links I've added. Then reply. It seems to me that you are the one doing all the 'blundering'.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 December 2011

Thanks Roshni B for Beautiful posting. 

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 December 2011

dear mr concerned citizen,

can you explain how mr anna hazare holding a sword over the parliament?

govt has no willingness to pass a hard lokpal. to avoid hard lokpal, they presented a soft lokpal which is hard for the complainee. really a jokepal!

we want lokpal not jokelpal

mr mulayem said, - even a daroga will throw him in jail, if this bill passed. lalu agrived on the point that anna says 180 persons are bad background. all these shows what type of peole asked to vote for this pious bill?

anna has no personal interest on the matter. what anna doing is, for the benifit of us only.

it is fully justified to 'fast' and 'jail bharo andolan' while discussions going on at perliament on the matter, to provide / facilitate perliamenterians have a note under their concederations.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register