Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramu (s)     11 August 2011

Husband maintenance

Hi ,

I m an NRI ,My wife filed false 498a & maintenance cases 1.5 years ago,though she is well qualified than me and used to earn big money in india before wedding than what i used to earn in english country,

4 months back i came to India and surrendered my self to court,now on bail,

now i dont have any income source ,

Can i apply for Maintenance or interim maintenance from my wife ?

(if i m not eligible than what is that mean for equal rights !!!)

Is there any provision to file a case like 498a for male to file on wife&their family ?

(if not than where is the justice !!! )

Please suggest your advice,

thank you

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 August 2011

In indian law there is no provision to claim maintenance from the wife, but there is no wrong in applying for that.

1 Like

KONDAPALLY (Advocate)     11 August 2011

Mr.Ramu, instead of going into offencive way, presently better totake defence, actually there is no hard and fast rule to claim maintainance against wife, still you can file maintainance against her, but you have to proove that you are unable to maintain yourself and she is capable to maintain iyou also and further you have to proove her capacity for that as well as her assets and under some circumstances you can ifight against her and her assets, but without knowing entire facts of ithe case it is not kpossible to give you gopod advice. OK... if you want further information may call me : 9908020994/9908312006 and on ID: skondapally666@gmail.com
1 Like

Shubhankar Dutta (Private Practice Last 3 Years at Jalpaiguri District & Session Judge Court)     11 August 2011

when 498A complain she has filed against you that time where you stay? India or English country?

For further details you may contact with me ...

SHUBHANKAR DUTTA (Advocate)

Phone No. 91-9126479514, 09332966239

Email.  Papai_dutta1@yahoo.co.in

West Bengal

1 Like

ramu (s)     12 August 2011

Dear Shubhankar sir,
i was in English country when she filed 498A,
she filed 498A after 5 months coming from English country.

Dipangkar (Business)     12 August 2011

@ Ramu,

Read this clipping  ..... ;)

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register