Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mary_moe (banker)     23 July 2011

Null/Void Marriage

Respected Lawyers,

I really need some advice on my relationship problems...

I had a Hindu boyfriend for the last 3 yrs now... we had planned everything already on living our life together; mariage, kids and all... We've been together in a lots of up and downs as we are both working here in Dubai... and I can say that we have lived our life together as husband and wife. I knew he loves me and I can feel that.

Last May 2011, he went on his annual vacation to his place, he never knew that there was a trap waiting for him. His parents had already set his marriage and emotionally black mailed him. We all know that his mom is sick, and she made herself confined to the hospital as well just to convince my bf to go with their plans... And so he got married on June this year.

And now that he is back here in Dubai with me, he was so prblematic eversince. His friends used to say that they never saw him on his normal moods since he came back. I actually avoided him, but truth is I still love this guy. We had a talk last week and told me that he will file a divorce after a month.

My concern is: Is it possible for a divorce after barely two months of marriage? I believe their marriage was not consummated. Is there any ground that he can file it as null or void rather than a divorce? I would really be grateful for some enlightment from u guys...

Learning

9 Replies

Dipangkar (Business)     23 July 2011

Your boy friend is STUPID & a COWARD.  

Why did he marry that Girl to Divorce her only after two month ? He could have denied to marry her at the first place, if he wants to keep relations with you.

What about that poor Wife's Future Life ?

Such husbands are those peoples due to whom, those gender bias Laws are Applied in this country.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 July 2011

you never know ur BF must have willingly married that gal,and was playing with you always.u were not there to see if the parents blackmailed him,or if he knew abt. this marriage before he landed in india.

since u r frm a diff. religion,he may be knowing his parenst wont agree for ur marriage.but he must be also wanting to have fun with a smart,dashing dubai girl(i know dubai girls are v.well dressed,smart,westernised,etc)

Also,dipangkar has a point...

if we go by his viewpoint,then forget that confused fellow,who doesnt know what he wants.earlier he cud not resist marriage.now he wants to end marriage in 2 months that is IMPOSSIBLE.

now if the wife turns out to be smart,she will file cases against him for harassment etc.even ur name may be dragged if she comes to know the 2 of u.so girls in India are also smart ;)

also this case may go on for many yrs.

dont think getting divorce is easy in india.

u better marry a boy with a spine of steel,and live peacefully minus any defamations,complications,etc.better to marry in ur religion,nahi to ek or locha ho jayega...

aage aapki marzi..

1 Like

@ Mary_moe,

I could have adviced you better only if your BF hasn't married that indian girl. But now it's beyond my Morality to support your boyfriend for any such causes.

As Roshni B above has adviced you to seek someone else over in Dubai, and to forget the past affaire with your bf, i too think that it will be for your own betterment..

If any of you two will step another step further regarding this, It will spoilt the Peace of Life for two Familys..  

The Laws of Dubai may be different than Indian Laws, but just think of your own instinct of Morality, that, what will happen to that poor innocent Wife who married her husband seeking a life partner. 

I understand, You too are in a dilemma of loosing your love, but sacrificing is also considered as a baseplate of love.

You still have your chances of Getting a Fresh Future life over in Dubai, with someone else, as you are not married and doesn't have any childrens so far. But the Future of the Indian Wife may turn into darkness.

Else, rejecting all those above advices of Morality,  you can stay as his KEEP... over at Dubai, if you like.

(Guest)

Dipangkar

We may have differences in other threads,but in this thread I really really respect and appreciate you for your reply.

You are a very kind person.I hope all Indian men think like you.Your wife,I am sure, is a lucky woman to get a high thinking man like you..

Once again...Kudos!

Corrections in the above post ....

If any of you two will step another step further regarding this, It will spoilt the Peace of Life for   THREE FAMILIES ......  

Oh! Thank you Princess, i am flattered. :)

Btw, I am single.

Hope Zeeshan doesn't condemn me too , as advertising in LCi.... Ha Ha...

(Guest)

Ha Ha.Good reply.

I don't think he will condemn you.

Ajkal "wo" yaha nahi hai na;)

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     23 July 2011

Well... Well... Good suggestion are coming up to save life of innocent wife. I'm alos in that favoure. Forget past go ahead find somebody really trusted and live a life peacefully. "Zindagi Na Melagi Dubara..." but "Ek galti ki saza umarbhar milti rahegi..." Have a nice time...

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     23 July 2011

@Author

The learned members have give varied views and I hope your query has been satiated.

Apart from you query, I wish to put forth my words about your post. The way you have handled this situation, you have proven that there exists innocent and praisable women on earth who are worth calling goddess unlike those blood-sucking ladies who don't let a man live happily before or after marriage.

The boy might or might not be serious about you, but your post says you had true committment for your relation. Your positive attitude is filled with so much energy that at this instance I'm feeling very as if the good old times when women used to be like this (in India) as returned and there follows peace and harmony in society.

Unfortunately even if your boyfriend was true to you, people would call him a crook, But you should not shed your faith in him. He can apply for divorce only after one year of marriage might that be based on any ground. But you have to now think not only about yourself but also the guy and the other innocent girl whom he married.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register