LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu (NA)     14 July 2011

Tenant Vs Landlord

I am having a building in Delhi which is on rent to 10 tenant 1 of them is using this for commercial purpose and all other are residing there. Well there is no current dispute among us but can't gurantee the intentions of others. My question is what precautions should i have to take to avoid future dispute, like tenant refused to vacant or stop paying electricity bill or rent. There is no written agreement between us, yes it looks stupid but i still hesitate to ask them to come on papers as things are going on same from years. What should i have to do to not getting things out of my hand.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 July 2011

When you have got  cordial relation with your tenents, it is very difficult to ask them to exeucte the agreements.  But you can you say your tenent to get the lease/rent deed from that, that you have to  produce the  documents before the Income Tax dept regarding the source of income.  Hence lease deed/rent deed is necessary.  By this way you can get the lease/rent deed from them.

2 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     16 July 2011

1. print rent receipt with all terms and conditions behind.
  2. take photos and videos regularly of ur property.
  3. Never fear what is required. Make written agreement and call them one by one and get sign. Call the toughest guy last. Atlest when they come for any favour or permission then u can ask them to give application in writing and at that time before giving permission u can take their sign on tenancy agreement.
  4. Make agreement balanced so it shud not offend them. It is better to have balanced agreement then not having one.
2 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     16 July 2011

Beautiful Advices by both.....> adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) & Alok Tholiya. Thanks to them for those Nice Ideas :)

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 July 2011

Such advice has no practicle relevance. Once a tenant has entered in your property it is defficult to evict him and if you have not done lease agreement prior to their entry now it it very defficult whatever excuse you may give.

Himanshu (NA)     17 July 2011

Your suggestions are really valuable. I understand if i succeeded to work on your advice it could lead my life out of fear. Thank you Rajeev Ji and Alok Ji.

B.K.GUPTA... (ADVISOR)     18 July 2011

Suggestions given by Adv. Rajeev and Mr Alok Tholia are appreciable and you should implement these. You can increase 5% rent per year and after 10 years add the increase in the principal rent.This formula has been implemented through acts by various state acts and is reasonable also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register