LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Francis Bowman (NGO)     02 July 2011

NGO Registration and FCRA

It seem to me that I am getting conflicting information about the setting up of and NGO with in India AP. First of all let me state I am an australian, I am not of indian decent. I am just some one whom has a passion to help other people in need. I am not in this to make money, as it is my own money that will be used to fund projects with in Indian its self..... I was told that as an australian I CAN NOT Be part of any NGO with in India unless i reside in india and have to be living here some 2-3year before the application or setting up of the NGO has been done. Others have told me YES u can be on the board but U can not get FCRA approval. Another told me that you can buy an older NGO and use there FCRA. SO many different things. I WANT the TRUTH.... NOT FICTON.......i do not have a NGO set up here in australia.The NGO will be a Society with also Indian members on the board plus also USA and Canada..... the persons from usa and canada will be specailist consultants. SO if some one does know the exact truth in this please be kind to help me work this out.  Also some one said that, the NGO can be set up and i let others from INDIAN run it and I only visit and give money to the operation of it, I do not want that, i want to be a part of it, get out there with the people, mix and grown and learn and be apart of the areas we want to go into....

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 July 2011

You cannot set up NGO in india.  But you can serve thru.local NGOs.  But it requires who are honest, and well experienced   in the field.  In india all most all NGOx are political back up.  If you want further informtion you can contact me. 

1 Like

Francis Bowman (NGO)     03 July 2011

Hello thank you so very much for your post. This is very interesting that as an australian i can not set up or be on the board of an NGO. Where as I can do so else where in the world as a Pastor of a church. How about if it is a trust or a company? let me know please. thanks once again... Francis

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register