LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ronan (IT Professional)     28 June 2011

Req - details of Indian guy marrying a foreigner in Foreign

Requested a Advice regarding Indian guy marrying a foreigner in Foreign.

Im Rupesh a Hindu religian, 29 years from India and i want to marry a Filipino National(Christian)  in Philippines. i would like to know the detailed procedures and also required documents to be taken while going to Philippines. Please advice. Thanks in advance

Ronan

Learning

9 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 June 2011

@ Author

1. Check with respective Countries Embassy as Indian Marriage Laws will not be valid in Foreign soil.

2 Like

Ronan (IT Professional)     29 June 2011

Where can i get Single Status certificate in India?

Thomas.Kumar (Automobile engineering)     29 June 2011

Hello all

I am also looking for the same certificate for wedding in other nation, also if anyone can advice me that under which act or law this certificate issued so I can how to embassy that in India there is a law where I can get this certificate.

Thanks

Thomas

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 June 2011

@ Authors

We see a rising demand of marriage to foreign ladies here :-)

1. A Single Status Affidavit (also called "No Marriage Affidavit" or "Certificate of Freedom to Marry" or "Certificate of No Impediment") is a sworn statement that you are eligible to marry. This document is often required as a supporting document for getting married in a foreign country. This document can also be required for employment in a foreign country.

2. This document is prepared by you and then contact any Apostille Service center in your city (a local Church is one good reference as lead) and/or this document is also prepared for a cost by Apostille Service Office located in Christian dominated cities in India.

2 Like

Thomas.Kumar (Automobile engineering)     29 June 2011

Thank you for your lighting speed response sir

Sir other question i must know for

For this Certificate do we need parent’s signature or approval (I am 29 years old and I am confident as a rock on my decisions)?

Is there any act or law which can support this Certificate (if there is such thing I can show it to the embassy because they do not have any information about this Certificate completely)?

As one has to do according to follow his destiny and happens. But I found it in a very far and distant place, like hanuman ji I will lift mountains to find my sanjeevani.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 June 2011

@ Author

Do you know anything about Lord Hanuman that you are bringing him here ! Lord Hanuman when given the task to bring sanjeevani booti flew in search to Himalaya and when he didnot knew which is sanjeevani booti then he lifted the whole mountain and brought to the feet of Lord Rama...........hope you as child were taught such basic Hindu mythological stories to have re. Lord Hanumana here into some marriage que.............

2. Now to consider above material mythological facts into present que. context let me add, unless you bring the
Apostille Certificate to the knowledge of concerned Embassy people you are writing your own Judgment which is the amusing part of mythological stories told with distortion thy name Indian lazy men wearing Philipinos and Nigerian internet scam rush dream spects here............

3. After 21 years you are not required to seek permission / signature of yoru parent on any pc. of documents !

PS.: Follow the given advise first and then let us discuss more on Lord Hanumana....

1 Like

Thomas.Kumar (Automobile engineering)     30 June 2011

Yes I know many things Ramayana and Lord Hanuman and I know why Lord Hanuman was given the task to bring sanjeevani booti so that he could save Lakshmana younger brother of Lord Rama. Lakshmana was badly injured by Indrajit (son of Ravana) when he attacked on Lakshmana from back … only medicine which could save Lakshmana was sanjeevani booti…. 

But when Hanuman ji went to Himalaya he could not find sanjeevani so he lifted the complete mountains.

Right now I am in the same position I do not where to find thing… but I am strong and determined… so I use this words, hope you understood my point sir. 

But again there is Act or Judgment or Court Ruling which can support the Single Status certificate  Document.

P.S. : I love the quotes By Mahatma Gandhi which you have in your profile 

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win"… super : )

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 June 2011

@ Thomas

A. When we say go to a Apostille Service in your city and get the Certificate you want to be engaged in Tango it seems with me!

B. Ok you will not listen as we can see, so there you go;

Now, read to your hearts content following Acts / Circulars / Articles;

1. Read S. 3 of the Diplomatic and Consular Officers (Oaths and Fees) Act, 1948

Article 1 till 4 of the Convention Abolishing The Requirement Of Legislation For Foreign Public Documents, to which
India is also a non-Member signatory State.

Read Convention de La Haye du 5 Octobre 1961, France

S. 57. S. 85 of Indian Evidence Act

S. 33 of the Indian Registration Act

S. 14 of the Notaries Act, 1952

As a concluding advise let me tell you that it is not in your best interest to provoke professionals here by your bad taste comment post above. If you are not convinced by any of my replies then either ignore them and or say I disagree them but do bring on table strict proof (that also if ever you shall have got the Apostille Service Certificate) and respective Embassy has rejected it otherwise donot make mockery of us who spent time off work to sincerely help and or give sound advise to queriest here.

This is my last mail to you whether you get married or not overseas by above sound legal advises is not my concern now.

1 Like

Thomas.Kumar (Automobile engineering)     30 June 2011

THANKS A MILLION SIR….:)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register