Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit (na)     18 June 2011

Second Marriage

Dear

I am in a problem.I am a hindu boy.married to a hindu girl three years ago.

i want to marry another girl without getting divorce to first wife to cater my family problems

as my first wife is not at all ready to go to my house and my parents are being ignored.

can i do secod marriage by changing religion to Muslim.

Please suggest and guide me.

Many Thanks

Amit 

Learning

13 Replies

**Victim** (job)     18 June 2011

Amit when u think of stuff like this......make sure u think of maintaining both womens because that is going to be ur first duty

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     18 June 2011

No.  Prosecution against you can be conducted for bigamy for which the imprisonment can be extended to 7 years and also fine.

you have to take divorce first and then only you can go for another marriage.

for the purpose of second marriage, if any one changes his religion, as per the prevailing judicial decisions (Sarla Mudgal case), the conversion is invalid and the person can be tried for bigamy.

There is no need to maintain two wives as suggested by some member.  The state will maintain you by keeping you in its secured custody.

2 Like

Ranjeet Singh 9654630139 (Practicing Advocate)     18 June 2011

First you will have to take divorce from first wive.

**Victim** (job)     18 June 2011

What happens if first wife is not willing to give divorce and stay with him but husband don't want to keep her but he is willing to pay her maintenance and get married to someone else.............experts i would appreciate for sharing your knowledge ?

rajiv_lodha (zz)     18 June 2011

Only way out is:

Do not solemnize ur 2nd marriage, divulge ur true story to her & take her into confidence for a live in relationship. If the things work up by this mutual understanding, the previous wife can not harm u in any dangerous legal way.

By this, u will not have to wait 4 a nod from previous one 4 divorce, if it happens in due course of time, u have every chioce to marry ur new flame.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     19 June 2011

The first wife is entitled to file a case under Section 498-A against the husband only (not on other woman) on the ground that she is being mental harassed due to the presence of other women in the life of her husband.

1 Like

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     19 June 2011

my above post is in response to Mr. lodha's advice that he can go for live-in-relationship with the second woman.

surajkumar (mba)     21 June 2011

If second wife come to know some how this relation can she file 498a ?

Johndel Clay (Account Officer)     22 June 2011

No. You have to take divorce from you first wife first before you would get married to another woman.

priya (student)     23 June 2011

ya "LIVE-IN" is the safest Crime these days !!!

1 Like

(Guest)

I'm personally wondering if he will get a third, fourth and so on as he gets bored of the previous ones....

(Guest)

You should seriously think about taking over some gulf country and starting your harem

Jayesh Kumar (AA)     16 July 2011

I am aghast that this profile which has been created as a platform for discussing and exchanging views with the intention and motive to provide justice and provide opinions some ppl are giving different ways of commiting crime. Tomorrow someone will come up and say that I have committed murder please help me remove all evidances and links to me. Will the cheap level mentality go ahead and help. 

Experts I think we must maintain the sanctity of this platform. And for criminals who post such topics they must be told so. We all after all have responsibility towards society being ppl who possess legal knowledge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register