LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 June 2011

Dear Admin and fellow members please respond - sub flooding

"You are here because you have exceeded the limit to number of replies allowed per Hour.

In order to stop forum message flooding we have taken this measure

YOU WILL NEED TO WAIT FOR AN HOUR BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER POST

any issue regarding this can be mailed to flooding@lawyersclubindia.com

Click here to go back to original "

Some of the members take it as a ban for an hour but i think it is not ban.

NEED TO WAIT FOR AN HOUR BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER POST   -  because you have exceeded the limit to number of replies allowed per Hour.

the msg clears the purpose.

I think it will waste the time of the member.

It will be better if it is fixed that the maximum numbers of posts by a member can do each day.

Then members will also free from unnecessary waiting between two posts.

Learning

8 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 June 2011

@ Arup

Search my older posts on gyan on flooding and importance of putting a check and you will understand why it is necessary to put check of flooding of messages on limited bandwiddth servers.

2. I disagree to put a upper cap limit of no. of posts a member is allowed to post as tomorrow you yourself will say the cap of maximum limit should be removed!

3. The best sense and sensibilities is to read a query and make one reply instead of splitting the query in multiple posts and making on an average 5 replies in succession one after another to same post...... It does not make any sense at all. If a member is attending say 10 enquiries at given hour and splitting each query into 5 post replies times 10 then think how much flooding a member himself is doing in just 1 hour and thus not allowing other members to post at same time because resources of servers are always limited and if one member chews all resources (bandwiddth) then what other members are going to do ?

LCI is a free membership based platform and cannot go in for larger bandwiddth purchase power unless membership fees are charged. LCI earns its revenue from ad words and banner ads. which (revenue generation wise) are pittance if you know how much these even costs ! However, do you think will each 118622 members be charged a minimum of Rs. 50/- to purchase more bandwiddth ? If you say yes then your post is understandable.

Have you ever thought of that!

Now kindly donot split this reply of mine into 5 replies and more picking one line here and another there while posting a reply! What you are doing indirectly is earning self reward points by splitting replies into multiple replies and it is not a rocket science and or a great gimmick to misuse rewards point and one female Lawyer just did that and earned fame (entry) in 30 top lawyers list of LCI we all know who she is. All her replies are same “I agree to Ld XYZ” or “Contact me at ZZZZ I can help”

(Guest)

@Tajobs: Such caps are put in place to discourage spammers. Usually spammers copy and paste the same promo mesages repeatedly. However, it's very hard to distinguish between legitimate highly-active posters and spammers. These flooding scriptts come with their own limitations.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 June 2011

FOR MR TAJOB.

Search my older posts on gyan on flooding and importance of putting a check and you will understand why it is necessary to put check of flooding of messages on limited bandwiddth servers.

--- “on limited bandwiddth servers.”

Bandwiddth and bytes, kb, gb, are different.

Bandwiddth related with frequency. it is a bunch of frequencies. From computer to server and from server to server, bandwiddth required. Signal goes through bandwiddth; bandwiddth is carrier;

Bytes, kb, gb, related with the electronic space occupied by a message / post etc. it measured by bytes, kb, gb, etc.

In case of passing a message whether it is long or short not related with Bandwiddth, as you told.

For an example:

Your msg – 1248 HOURS ON 16.6.2011

Size - 11.7 KB (12,015 bytes)

Size on disk - 12.0 KB (12,288 bytes)

My msg –  1202 HRS ON 16.6.2011

Size - 11.6 KB (11,912 bytes)

Size on disk - 12.0 KB (12,288 bytes)

2. I disagree to put a upper cap limit of no. of posts a member is allowed to post as tomorrow you yourself will say the cap of maximum limit should be removed!

--- I disagree to put a upper cap limit of no. of posts – it is ok.

“as tomorrow you yourself will say the cap of maximum limit should be removed” – it is not ok. I am disciplined person. I also dislike to put other’s version in my mouth.

3. The best sense and sensibilities is to read a query and make one reply instead of splitting the query in multiple posts and making on an average 5 replies in succession one after another to same post...... It does not make any sense at all. If a member is attending say 10 enquiries at given hour and splitting each query into 5 post replies times 10 then think how much flooding a member himself is doing in just 1 hour and thus not allowing other members to post at same time because resources of servers are always limited and if one member chews all resources (bandwiddth) then what other members are going to do ?

“…instead of splitting the query…”   ---   yes it is my style.

I try to keep a msg as short as possible.

For a particular matter, a particular, straight, short and simple in meaning,  msg – I try to post. I observed – it is more effective.

I try not to post big size, meaningless messages, which occupies much more space, for which one had spent a lot of time and thereafter he surprisingly found, - he got nothing. People generally tried to avoid such msgs.

LCI is a free membership based platform and cannot go in for larger bandwiddth purchase power unless membership fees are charged. LCI earns its revenue from ad words and banner ads. which (revenue generation wise) are pittance if you know how much these even costs ! However, do you think will each 118622 members be charged a minimum of Rs. 50/- to purchase more bandwiddth ? If you say yes then your post is understandable.

---   …unless membership fees are charged…

I think LCI not appointed you as their spoksman. Let lci speaks on their behalf. Going out of limit not nice.

“ do you think will each 118622 members be charged a minimum of Rs. 50/- to purchase more bandwiddth ”

When I purchase everything from the market, then why not the

advices on law matters? I already spent huge amount on this matter. Nothing available free of cost in this world. I already suggested it, hope consider in due course.

it will be nice and genuine if lci tells on it, instead of any unauthorized person.

Have you ever thought of that!

---   No, never,

because I know my limit (better to say, lachman rekha)

Now kindly donot split this reply of mine into 5 replies and more picking one line here and another there while posting a reply! What you are doing indirectly is earning self reward points by splitting replies into multiple replies and it is not a rocket science and or a great gimmick to misuse rewards point and one female Lawyer just did that and earned fame (entry) in 30 top lawyers list of LCI we all know who she is. All her replies are same “I agree to Ld XYZ” or “Contact me at ZZZZ I can help”

---   What you are doing indirectly is earning self reward points by splitting replies into multiple replies and it is not a rocket science and or a great gimmick to misuse rewards point”

---   my work is straight and direct, nothing hidden there.

If I earn more points, what is your problem?

The same is open to you also.

For your kind information (Reg rewards), so far I never claim any material as reward, nor lci send me anything.

SEVERAL MEMBERS POSTING THIS, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THERE SOURCE OF INFORMATION?

---  “ …  one female Lawyer …”

I AM BUSY WITH MY OWN. NOT INTERESTED TO SEE, WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING?

---   “earned fame (entry) in 30 top lawyers list of LCI”

AMONG 30 ALL ARE NOT LAWYER.

REG "FAME", IF YOU THINK IT SO, YOU MAY JOIN ON THE RACE, NOTHING RESTRICTS YOU.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 June 2011

@ Arup

OK, ignore all my previous say as reply to your above post.

Actually I made a mistake to even reply.  

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 June 2011

ok no problem

(Guest)

@Tajobsindia

Said:" LCI earns its revenue from ad words and banner ads. which (revenue generation wise) are pittance if you know how much these even costs ! "

But i do not allow any ad words and banner ads in lci site on my desktop.

You asked how?

Simple:If your are using firefox use addons like adblock plus

or if u are using chrome use adblock plus plugin or just type in google adblock plugin for mozilla or chrome.

(Guest)

I think in arup case why lci take an action because of his earlier posts that tajobs said :

"make one reply instead of splitting the query in multiple posts and making on an average 5 replies in succession one after another to same post."

(Guest)

@Arup, tajobs gave some good info

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register