LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 May 2011

president decicded to remain the order of hanging bhullar

constitution give the highest power to president of india to perdon the order of hanging a person. she can alter  even the order of supreme court.

president decicded to remain the order of hanging of  mr bhullar.

requessting prime minister by aakali dal and mr amarindar singh (ex cm punjab) to convert the sentence into lower starta have any significance, because constitution provide no power to pm in this regard. is aakali dal and mr amarindar singh   wants to show that the present prime minister is more powerful than the president? he is above the constitution.

Learning

20 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     30 May 2011

Originally posted by :Arup
"
constitution give the highest power to president of india to perdon the order of hanging a person. wants to show that the present prime minister is more powerful than the president? he is above the constitution.
"

Your question is based on academics and not on political reality in this country. Our Constitution was subverted the day it was written and hence it is no wonder to see the mess in our country. If you read my answer at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Are-the-Mercy-Petition-subject-to-approval-of-Union-Cabinet--37374.asp?1=1&offset=2 you will get the answer.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     31 May 2011

checked the above thread.

my question slightly diffrent. repeated bellow:

constitution provide no power to pm in this regard. under this circumstances,

is aakali dal and mr amarindar singh   wants to show that the present prime minister is more powerful than the president? 

is he (pm) above the constitution?

actually the said prayer is unconstitutional. being fully aware of it, why such request send to pm?

(Guest)

LOL...It's the convict's discretion who he appeals for help, he is not going to alter the constitution by his appeal to PM

Democratic Indian (n/a)     01 June 2011

As I said earlier we have a Constitution that has been well subverted to achieve the goals of ruling party, both Akali Dal and Amrinder Singh of Congress know who is the real common remote control of both President and Prime Minister. What they have demanded makes practical sense, also they need to get votes from people. Unnecessarily a dead issue has been made alive by rejecting the mercy petition. By hanging(making him a Shaheed) nothing practical is going to be achieved, on the contrary the insurgent elements in Punjab will get a boost. Question arises, is another insurgency in Punjab in interest of India? We already have enough insurgencies in Kashmir, Northeast and Maoist insurgency in almost two thirds of the country which we are not able to handle.
1 Like

(Guest)

Democratic Indian -sometimes it seems the system feeds off controversy. Instead of killing ajmal kasab, they are keeping him alive but are keen to kill off bhullar

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 June 2011

also they need to get votes from people.

---   i think this is the actual reason.

but the way is itself unconstitutional.

which we are not able to handle

---   correct.

1 Like

afjal guru and ajmal kasav is the chicken at the kitchen of congress.

if thay being cut, a little hindu vote of bjp side may drop to congress bag, if not cut, a little muslim vote may be bagged by congress.

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     01 June 2011

Originally posted by :Arup
"
also they need to get votes from people.

---   i think this is the actual reason.

but the way is itself unconstitutional.
"

As I said earlier Constitution was subverted the day it was created. Hence this question becomes insignificant in the present political reality. Which political party is doing constitutional politics? Congress? BJP? or some other party?

When Allahabad High Court gave unfavourable judgment, emergency was imposed by Indira Gandhi. Was it Constitutional? Indra Gandhi, Sanjay Gandhi with help of their henchman Zail Singh propped up Bhindrawale. Former IB chief in his book mentions that IB was responsible for supplying arms hidden in fruit baskets to militant elements in Golden Temple. Is this Constitutional? On the contrary it was a game to fool the people all over the country in order to get votes by potraying a Sikh community in bad light. It is said Zail Singh wanted to write his autobioghraphy before dying, he dies mysteriously in road accident before that.

Thousands of innocent people massacared in 1984 to get votes. Is this Constittional?

Again thousands of innocent people massacared in 2002-3 to get votes in Gujrat. Is this Constitutional?

The list is endless of unconstitutional games being played by political parties to fool the people.

This rejection of mercy petition also appears a political game to score political points by fooling the people as usual. In this case there is no evidence against the accused, there is no witness against the accused. Only a confessional statement extracted under torture of police custody. Out of three judges, one judge did not agree to convict him. When there is disagreement among the judges regarding conviction, it means the case cannot be decided "beyond reasonable" doubt. It is well established that death sentence should only be given in cases when conviction is beyond any reasonable doubt. The President has conveniently ignored this fact.

Please tell me a political party that is truly honest and respects the Constitution sincerely, I will vote for that party.

1 Like

(Guest)

Democratic Indian, I have been casting negative vote in last two elections, this time also I will protest the quality of candidates with a negative vote.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 June 2011

sorry, i do not know how to caste negative vote?

is there any provision?

Democratic Indian (n/a)     02 June 2011

Yes I would also like to know about negative vote and especially what real difference it can make to the political parties and their politics.

Meanwhile I think we should organize something like Oath Keepers to protect real democracy. The Oath Keepers were founded on March 2009 by Stewart Rhodes, a former member of Rep. Ron Paul’s DC staff, in Lexington, Massachusetts, and incorporated in Las Vegas, Nevada as a non-profit corporation. Rhodes is a Yale Law School graduate, a former US Army paratrooper, and a former staffer of Congressman Ron Paul. The Oath Keepers as a group have grown to include chapters in many states across America.

The Oath Keepers feel that their sworn oath to the American Constitution, grants them not only the right, but the duty to refuse unconstitutional orders. The Oath Keepers organization has published a list of orders that they claim they will not obey, the list is as follows:

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Keepers

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     02 June 2011

a very good idea.

people will disobey the unconstitutional idea, and their movement will be within the constitution.

this information should be conveyed to anna hazare ji, baba ramdeo, swami agnivesh etc,

then it will shake the brain of crores of indian people.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     02 June 2011

All the 10 points are important, non should be tampered with, especially the 1st point is the most important of all. People of India should not shy away from 1st point. Yes we should all contact these people as well as other social organisations and political parties. If you could put the list of email addresses and a sample letter for all so that they can copy/paste and send.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register