Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Kumar (Software Developer)     27 May 2011

Corporate training in lure of job conformation.

Hello

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am Ganesh Kumar , and I have recently joined a software company with STPI registration.
I was told by the HR while joining the company that I had cleared few rounds (there was only one round though) and not cleared all therefore I needed to confirm my job by :-

1. Paying Rs 50000. OR
2. Paying Rs 30000. OR
3. Agreement to work for 6 months with the company.

I agreed to work for 6 months, even then the HR asked for Rs 7500, which on questioning was accepted to be "like security deposit and not security deposit".So in doubt I paid only Rs 4000 for which I got a receipt for "corporate training", again when I questioned they said that I need to attend the training and the company cannot bear the expenses for training. There was one more condition that since I was semi selected I would have to work without pay upto 45 days which they called probation period in which I would be assigned a project and on successful completion of which I would be put on roll. So I started to attend the company punctually and on  day one I asked the team leader for the training classes and continued to ask for 5 days, on fifth day the team leader reported to the HR and the HR called me saying that he had complaints against me, when I asked him he said that I should not force the teamleader to take classes, because it was not "corporate culture" , also he asked me whether I was ready to do a project.

I said Yes.

So he asked the TL to put me on a project, but nothing happened. So I continued to wait till the mid term of my probation and realised that a was a better programmer on the floor and also my TL and other seniors thought the same about me ,So I mailed the Hr about the situation. The Hr ignored my mail (I was told by the HR while joining that If I was competent and because I was experienced in NIIT as a faculty I would be put on roll soon within a week). And I never got a chance. After the probation period, I thought that the money which was taken was not necessary because no training was conducted and no project was assigned to me in the said period. Therefore I decided to have it back, on hearing which the HR said it was not possible to return back the money(no such statement was said orally or was issued in written that money will not be refunded), and therefore he would issue a 3 months certificate which should definetely treated as fake because I only have worked for 45 days.

I realised I have been duped. Many of the freshers are being duped like this , but are unable to take action because they got big amounts involved.

I have phone conversations between HR and me, recorded ,regarding experience certificates.

So pls advice me how could I get my money back and how could I sue the company for issuing fake certificates.

Learning

1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     28 May 2011

Write a detailed statement of complaint and meet the local labour commissioner/labour inspector. Find out the local procedure in the labour office and file the complaint under payment of wages act. suing would be time consuming and costly affair and hence approaching the labour department would give better results for you and also your fellow mates.

vasudevan

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register