Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 May 2011

Are these healthy trends?

The 'Other Women' of Bollywood

Article on the other women of Bollywood. List of those Bollywood actresses who had affairs with men who were already married. Includes Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, Shilpa Shetty, Kiran Rao, Rani Mukherji, Lara Dutta, Preity Zinta, Rekha.

When steady relationships go awry, it is mostly due to the involvement of a third person i.e. the 'other woman', especially in Bollywood.

There have been innumerable instances when one individual strays from a rock solid relationship. Men in particular, find it hard to keep maintain their fidelity, which becomes twofold when it is a hot Bollywood actress on the other side. Here are some of the 'other women' of Bollywood.

Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif apparently got cosy with Ranbir Kapoor on the sets of their film while Ranbir was still very much with Deepika Padukone. Deepika kept no secrets about Ranbir's wayward ways and after Katrina's break-up with Salman Khan, the Ranbir-Kat romance was pretty much confirmed.

Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra reportedly evoked the wrath of Twinkle Khanna owing to her alleged affair with Akshay Kumar. Twinkle was so miffed with Priyanka that she banned her husband from signing any other films with her. The pair hasn't worked with each other since.

Shilpa Shetty

Shilpa Shetty was blatantly charged by Raj Kundra's ex wife for breaking her home. The ex-Mrs Kundra alleged that he was so besotted with Shilpa that their reconciliation became impossible. Shilpa, however denied being a home-breaker and that Raj was already divorced when she started dating him. Controversies apart, the couple are now happily married.

Kiran Rao

Aamir Khan reportedly started seeing Kiran Rao in 2001, on the sets of 'Lagaan', where Kiran was an assistant director. Technically speaking Aamir was still married to Reena Dutta at that time and they got divorced only next year. Aamir got married to Kiran three years later and are going pretty strong till date.

Rani Mukherji

Rani Mukherji has been linked to Aditya Chopra since a very long time now. Aditya Chopra divorced his wife Payal Chopra after seven years of marriage with industry insiders blaming the 'other woman' for the breakdown of their marriage. Rumours about the two getting married have been doing the rounds time and again, but both Rani and Aditya have maintained a dignified silence regarding the whole 'affair'.

Lara Dutta

After a long silence, mahesh Bhupathi's ex-wife, Shvetha Jaishankar, claimed that the relationship between Lara and Mahesh started while he was still married to her. She slammed Mahesh for treating her like a trophy wife and even said that Lara would fit in with his "ambitious streak". Lara, in typical fashion, denied the allegations stating a similar story as that of Shilpa Shetty (read above). Lara and Mahesh got married this year in Goa.

Preity Zinta

Shekhar Kapur's ex-wife, Suchitra Krishnamoorthy shocked everyone when she cited Preity as the cause of her divorce from Shekhar Kapur. She even wrote a poem titled 'Maneater' directing it towards Preity which raked up a major controversy. Preity vehemently denied the affair and even called Suchitra mentally unstable. Though the controversy has died down, it makes us wonder if anyone can make such tall claims without an ounce of truth in it.

Rekha

Their's was the most celebrated romance on-screen. Off-screen too, the two reportedly had a torrid affair, very much on the lines of 'Silsila', which Yash Chopra termed as "real life coming into reel life". Amitabh apparently set his priorities right and returned home to wife Jaya Bachchan leaving the world in fancy of the short-lived but amazingly mysterious love story.

https://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/people/other-women-bollywood-article-ilmx.html#mwpphu-container

Learning

15 Replies

nidhi sharma ( student)     23 May 2011

these are trends not only of the bollywood but we can see these things everywhere.

zimmerzapper (student)     23 May 2011

no one can verify these things, those could be just rumours. i'm suprised that priety zinta could have done something like that(i read somewhere that she has a degree psychology). men should also exercise some restrain.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 May 2011

these are not rumours.these are true facts.

A rumour dies in a few days.realities don't.

if rekha amitabh affair was a rumour it wud have faded in a few days.but even now bollywood and all indians know it was a proper affair.

so what if preity has Psy. degree?Who says that a person having Psy. degree will be an angel,and cannot have affairs with married men?does psychology itself say so?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 May 2011

thanks to roshni ji for the pictures.

does psychology itself say so?

---   no no never. it says just opposite, and similar  like arup chacha.

if rumour is not there humour also will not be there.

Originally posted by :Roshni B..
" so what if preity has Psy. degree?Who says that a person having Psy. degree will be an angel,and cannot have affairs with married men?does psychology itself say so? "

roshni, maybe i'm an innocent fool or i don't know much of the world but i used to think that someone who studied psy. degree would become sensitive to the traumas and who would be familiar with the sickness of mind would not do anything like this which cause pain to someone, but clearly that doesn't seem to be case. 

(Guest)

Zimmer Zapper

Preity Zinta having affair with a married man may or may not be true.

If she was really interested in helping people by using her psy. degree,would she have ventured into films,or would she have done masters in Psy. and helped disturbed people?

These days I have seen around myself many people who have studied psychology and claim to be helping help abused victims.But once they come out of their helping units(NGOs,hospitals,social organisations,etc) they ridicule disturbed people who they meet outside without even understanding their problems.I am sure you too would have seen such hypocrites in your life..

1 Like

(Guest)

Arup jee,

You can go to Google images and download even more pics of your favourite heroines to enjoy yourself.Here Roshni has given only a few images that must have been displayed in Yahoo News

nothing unhealthy is there.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     23 May 2011

As there are doctors who have all the bad vices themselves but still advise patients not to get into any bad habits, as there are advocates who make use of loopholes of law to their advantage, as there are swamijis who preach philosophy but indulge in worldly pleasures, similarly, even some psychologists may be there who disturb others lives even when they are aware of the consequences. 

I have done MA in psychology and am teaching psychology for law students. I always feel study of psychology definitely helps one to deal with people in a better way and leads to better adjustments when confronted with problems of life. 

And more than anything else, being immoral has nothing to do with the degree one has. Education and morality are two different things altogether. 

2 Like

(Guest)

Suchitra jee,Does Law course have psychology as a subject?Am unaware of it.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     23 May 2011

Earlier psychology was a subject of study for law students. Later, for the reasons unknwon it was removed from the syllabus. Now, for the students of 5year integrated law course they have introduced Psychology as a subject in Karnataka Law University syllabus. Criminal law has got close link with Psychology wherein student has to understand concepts like intention, motivation, concerted act, personality make up, attitudes and so many things like that. Law has to change as the psyche of people change with time. We cannot keep outdated law as people's perspective on certain issues change. If there is disparity, then law becomes outdted, naturally. After all, law is for people and not people abide by whtever is law. 

5 year law students even study other humanitairan subjects like Sociology, Political science, Economics, etc too in their first two years. 

Originally posted by :Meenal Bahadur
" Zimmer Zapper

Preity Zinta having affair with a married man may or may not be true.

If she was really interested in helping people by using her psy. degree,would she have ventured into films,or would she have done masters in Psy. and helped disturbed people?

These days I have seen around myself many people who have studied psychology and claim to be helping help abused victims.But once they come out of their helping units(NGOs,hospitals,social organisations,etc) they ridicule disturbed people who they meet outside without even understanding their problems.I am sure you too would have seen such hypocrites in your life..
"

yes. i've seen plenty of people like that in my life. the first child psychologist my family took me to was nice, later ones seemed like they themselves could use some therapy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register