Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarabeshwar (Technical Writer)     17 May 2011

Blackmailed to get married

Dear Sir,

I'm aged 35 single and self employed.Right now my family members(except my Mother) are forcing me to get married.I prefer to stay single which I beleive is a fundamental right.

Family members are more interested in getting my younger brother married.He is earning well and 30 yrs old.I'm self-employed and I can manage myself.Me not getting married is seen as a block for my younger brother's marriage.

My Dad who had hatred towards me right from childhood takes this opportunity to show his anger.He raises questions about my s*xuality and spreading demoralising remarks on me to neighbors,friends and relatives.These days he even threatens me stating that he would lodge a random false complaint on me to police and see that I'm behind bars.

I'd like to remain single and happy about my younger brother getting married b4 me.

I'm mentally harassed for the past 3 yrs and spending sleepless nights.

Can I approach court?

I'd appreciate legal advice from forum members.

Learning

10 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 May 2011

such type of problems cannot be answered and there is no legal soultions.  You have to solve this with the help of the elders.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     17 May 2011

Before they file a complaint against you, you yourself give a police complaint agianst those who harass you get a receipt from the police for giving the complaint and keep it safely with you. Then move out of the house. Live happily as you wish. 

3 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 May 2011

dear mr sarveshwar,

you have the full right - not to marry. ofcourse it is your personal liberty - whether marry on not, whom to marry.

nobody can interfere into it.

you are sufficiently matured. you must appreciate that, what your parents and other family members says  are for the benifit of you only. they do not have any personal interest on your marriage.

actually what happened, if a young do not marry longtime, then his neighbouring raised many questions, your father and brother might be facing it. you are facing that reparkations. therefore do not mind. tell them cearly that right now you will not marry.

but think for yourself, your time passing out. upto 50 normal erection possible. thereafter it falldoown gradually. everyone needs a spouse and at least an issue. please spare somettime for it also, but not under any pressure of outsider.

atul mahajan (advocate)     17 May 2011

You  can  lodge  a  criminal  complaint  against  those  who  are  forcing  you  to  get  m,arried. The  infringement  of  your  liberty .  You  can  also  file  a  writ  under  art 226  in High court   for  infringment  of your  fundamental  right  and  also  claim  the  relief  of   instructions  to  the  Police  to  take  suitable  criminal  Action  against  those  who  are  compelling  you  to  get  married  against  your  will.

atul mahajan (advocate)     17 May 2011

You  can  lodge  a  criminal  complaint  against  those  who  are  forcing  you  to  get  m,arried. The  infringement  of  your  liberty .  You  can  also  file  a  writ  under  art 226  in High court   for  infringment  of your  fundamental  right  and  also  claim  the  relief  of   instructions  to  the  Police  to  take  suitable  criminal  Action  against  those  who  are  compelling  you  to  get  married  against  your  will.

(Guest)

You are facing the common problem that every indian unmarried girl faces in her maternal home before marriage.Follow Adv. Suchitra's advice, rent a house within your capacity and live as you like.You can't change thinking of some people.I have seen many parents discriminating among own kids.Its your life and you have full right to decide how you live.But in some stages of life people need a life partner and kid.So plz think once more in the decision of not marrying. good luck.

1 Like

(Guest)

I also have the same views That utpala have.

Its your life and you have full right to decide how you live.But in some stages of life people need a life partner and kid.So plz think once more in the decision of not marrying. good luck.

Sarabeshwar (Technical Writer)     18 May 2011

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I'd like to clarify that I'm aged 35 male.

I disagree with the comments that family members are concerned and interested on me and henceforth they are forcing me to get married.

Section 226 tip given my members is noted.

It's my Dad who commited adultery is taking revenge and exploiting the situation.

Regarding the point made by member regarding erection loses after 35 yrs age.I'd call it a myth.

I thank all members for spending their time and sharing valuable advice.

I've decided to join LLB for my protection.I called up some law colleges and they asked me contact after 20 days.It seems they are awaitng for a verdit from court for granting admissions to candidates above 35 yrs old.

Although I've a point of presence on the web,I should be well connected with real time society.

I believe that a LLB degree would solve all issues

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     18 May 2011

Sir, joining law for the sake of solving your legl problem is funny. Join LLB if you are really interested to work in this field. Professionals are there in every field and we have to take their help to solve our problems. We cannot become a professional just becasue we are in need of help. One cannot become a doctor, a chartered accountant or a professor themselves just because he/she is in need of advise or help from the professional, right? 

Think, if everyone has knowledge about everything, how would be the world around?  :)

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     24 May 2011

My Dear Sir, It is a good question. It is about life style. You can live yourself freely and happly one wife one kid not needed it is not a must. Society have no belief in individual behaviour. Your father, your neibhour, all suspect. They do not like different life style.  They can not answer questions that are different.  You can read if you like.  being a student of law is a privilage. good. everybody joins by some reason in law course.  You can also help to others in other matters also. BE YOURSELF !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register