LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitish joshi (Finance & tax Consultant)     15 March 2011

RIGHT TO DIE

constitution has guaranteed us the right to live with human dignity.Without the human dignity,our life is just like an animal's life and nobody in this world would like to live such kind of life.Death is also a part of human life.Right to Die should  be given because there are some cases where people are living  very miserable life and there is no chance for them to come again in main stream of human life. This right can be given for the rare of the rarest cases to avoid the misuse.  

Learning

20 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     15 March 2011

No, Each in Every person have not rights to die my self,  even though rare and rarest case. meanwhile this is considerable matter.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 March 2011

THANKS FOR RAISING THESE POINT.

I AM STRONG SUPPORTER OF - RIGHT TO DIE.

BUT PEOPLE NOT TAKING PART ON THE URGUEMENT SPONTENEOUSLY.

meanwhile this is considerable matter.

-- ACTUALLY THIS IS IN THE DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY .

REMOTE CHANCES TO FRAME A LAW ON IT.

Among Hindus, there are records of sages and yogis having voluntarily thrown off the body, once it became aged or diseased, or they readied to unite with the infinite.

------       YES IT IS TRUE.

But this is an altogether different act from suicide or euthanasia, which, in some instances, may be difficult to distinguish from medical malpractice.

------    THE WHOLE IS ; SUCIDE ', ' EUTHANASIA ' IS A PART OF IT.

a death of one's own wish or will - is considered a dignity of high level in indian culture.

in indian culture and in bengali, it is called ' ichchaa mritu' a death of one's own wish or will.

the great charecter of mahabharat bhishma and some other saints chosed such type of death. in bouddha and jain religion such type of death highly regarded.

in modern society we call it sucide and treated it as a disregarded & hatered  thing.

but why it is such?

the supreme court and this thread question considering a very narrow area ' euthanasia ' i like to consider the whole matter of unnatural death in consideration.

apart from ' euthanasia '  all unnatural deaths should have to taken in this perspective.

'I have the right to choose when and how I wish to die’.

-------        I AM IN SUPPORT OF IT.

ONE MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOSE THE TIME OF ONE'S DEATH.

IN CASE OF SUCIDE THIS CLEARLY SHOWS THAT ONE HAS A NATURAL RIGHT TO CHOSE 'THE RIGHT TO DEATH' -  AS A PERSONAL LIBERTY.

THOUGH LEGAL SANCTION IS NOT THERE.

RIGHT TO LIVE NOT SNATCHED BY RIGHT TO DIE, BOTH ARE SEPERATE ISSUE.

ONE CAN ENJOY BOTH AT THE SAME TIME

1 Like

Adv. Samar (Advocate)     17 March 2011

Endorsing Suicide is bad in law as well as humanity, unethical. 

For me it is something  which must be covered as abetment of suicide and those people encouraging right to die be prosecuted under 306 IPC.

Adv. Samar (Advocate)     17 March 2011

If you wanna fight, Fight for Dignity, Humanity etc.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 March 2011

If you want to die you die, but you can not ask some one to take your life or somebody's life: Simple isnt'd? and that is in the spirit and letter of the Constitution of India.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 March 2011

If you want to die you die, but you can not ask some one to take your life or somebody's life: Simple isnt'd? and that is in the spirit and letter of the Constitution of India.

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     17 March 2011

yes i am agree with you

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 March 2011

" those people encouraging right to die be prosecuted under 306 IPC."   ---   surprising !

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 March 2011

right to die, and or instigating someone to commit sucide are completely seperate.

even issues are diffrent.

i want - right to die - as a constitutional provision, as a personal liberty under art 21 of coi.

(Guest)

Well said, Nitin Joshi and Arup. It's sad that some people do not get the point at all. Fear of death has robbed them of all perspective into the suffering of those who want to end their pain.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register