LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

**Victim** (job)     10 May 2011

Wifes Lawyer threatened me to Summons me Via Embassy

My wife's lawyer called me from india to threaten me to send summons (Crpc -125) on me Via U.S. embassy !  In case if this happens what should i do in order to answer back from U.S. if such thing happens ! Lawyers club india has always given me right advice and i am here seek another suggestion yet again.......as advised earlier by some of the talented lawyers in LCI it will be hard for them to execute such laws in U.S.....what should i do next if such thing happens ! Suggestions are always appreciated !

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 May 2011

If summons is served on you then appoint a lawyer in india to defend your case.

1 Like

(Guest)

You are right in your statement about the reputation of the lawyers on this forum. They are truly a helpful lot. 

Do you have a US court order or proceedings of any sort ? Are you divorced/separated/still married ? 

I suggest you hire a Indian lawyer immidiately to respond to the summon.You dont want to lose ties with the beautiful country India. You never know when you will need to come back. Apna vatan apna vatan hi hai.

When you respond to this post to the ld forum, please provide the following information as I think it may be relavent to your case.

1. Your current nationality. Are you US citizen ? 

2. What is your wife demanding - Child support/alimony ? 

3. Has there been any DV on you ?

4. What is the background behind wife moving back to India ? What are the allegations if any. 

5. Kids yes/no ? 

Give details minus emotions and whining and you will get the attention of experts like Arup Ji, Tajobsindia and a few other. Their response is a treat to read.

1 Like

**Victim** (job)     11 May 2011

Mr. Adam.... here are the answers to your queries,

Do you have a US court order or proceedings of any sort ? Are you divorced/separated/still married ?

Ans - No

1. Your current nationality ?Are you US citizen ?

Ans - U.S. Citizen

2. What is your wife demanding - Child support/alimony ?

Ans - Alimony upcourse

3.Has there been any DV on you ?

Ans - Nop !

4. What is the background behind wife moving back to India ? What are the allegations if any.

Ans - Wife was never in U.S. neither she appeared for visa interview when called....she is demanding that i should leave my parents and arrage a seperate house in order to live together which is not gonna happen ! Since i am living according to her will she is claiming monthly maintenance for which she is entitled ........but i haven't neglected her she falsely mentions in the court tht i have harrassed her on phone so that's why she don't want to live with me and she don't feel safe living with me ! So now ATM machine is on.....(Crpc - 125)

5. Kids yes/no ?

Ans - Nop.........honestly no physical relationship at all........we had sagai and after that register marriage on 15th feb 2010 i left india 16 feb2010 in order to file her visa....we didn't even stayed for one day together.

Any bank accounts, Any properties

Ans - No

Give details minus emotions and whining and you will get the attention of experts like Arup Ji, Tajobsindia and a few other. Their response is a treat to read.

Arup ji, Tajobsindia (especially him), Rajoo ji has provided me with good some knowledge always Apna vatan apna vatan hi hai.......this is true there was a time i use to fly india every 2 months u won't believe me but yes every 2 months....now i can't !!!

But after all this i can't even step to my home town i have lost faith in god as well as in myself.....

Yes absolutely they can send me Summons vis U.S. consulate my wife's lawyer called me today and threatened me telling me that if i don't show up they are going to get me extradited......"Sending summons is one thing" & "Getting me extradited is another thing"

i did some internet research and found this interesting post in LCI website

"Comprehensive guidelines referred to in Letter No. 25016/17/2007-Legal Cell, dated ______ of Internal security Division, Ministry of Home Affairs regarding service of summons/notices/judicial process on persons residing abroad. -- 1. Section 105 of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) speaks of reciprocal arrangements to be made by Central Government with the Foreign Governments with regard to the service of summons / warrants / judicial processes. The Ministry of Home Affairs has entered into Mutual Legal Assistance treaty/Agreements with 22 countries which provide for serving of documents. These countries are Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Canada, Kazakhastan, United Arab Emirates, Russia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Mongolia, Thailand, France, Bahrain, South Korea, United States of America, Singapore, South Africa, Mauritius, Belarus, Spain and Kuwait. In other cases the ministry makes a request on the basis of assurance of reciprocity to the concerned foreign government through the mission / Embassy. The difference between the two categories of the countries is that the country having MLAT has obligation to consider serving the documents whereas the non-MLAT countries does not have any obligation to consider such a request. Summons/notices/judicial processes issued by the Indian Courts. 2. The summons/warrants/judicial processes received by MHA are forwarded to the concerned Indian Missions/Embassies which in turn, takes up the matter with the designated authority in that country. In case of MLAT countries, the manner of communication is as laid down in MLAT and can be either directly between MHA and the Central Authority or can be through the diplomatic channel. The designated authority after considering the request directs its agency to serve the document on the concerned person and the report of the service, if any is also received through the same chain. This is broadly the system in majority of the countries. However, in some countries private companies/NGOs have also been entrusted with the service of judicial papers. 3. Based on the experience gained, some guidelines are given below which may be followed while making a request to MHA for service of judicial processes. It may, however, be noted that it is the discretion of the requested country to serve the documents and any time frame for a positive response cannot be predicted. a) All requests for service of summons / notices / judicial processes on persons residing abroad shall be addressed to the Under Secretary(Legal), IS-II Division, Ministry of Home Affairs, 9th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi- 110003. All requests shall be forwarded through post only with a covering letter from the Registrar/Court official giving the following information: a) Material facts of the criminal matter including purpose of the request and the nature of the assistance sought. b) The offences alleged to have been committed, a copy of the applicable laws and maximum penalties for these offence. c) Name, designation, telephone and fax number of the person/officer who will be able to give any clarification, if required. d) The complete address of the issuing authority to which the judicial papers/service reports may be returned. e) Approval of the competent authority to bear any expenditure, which they be charged by the foreign government/agency for the service of the documents. f) Degree of confidentiality required and the reasons therefore(in case of confidentiality requirement). g) Any time limit within which the request should be executed. This will be subject to allowance of sufficient margin of time by the requesting agency, as indicated in para 3(iv) of the guidelines b) MHA, on receipt of request, will examine it in view of the provisions of treaty, if exists, with the requested country and as per the provision of CrPC in case of non-treaty country. c) MHA requires at least a period of 12 weeks times for service of such notices in the concerned countries. It is, therefore imperative that a date of hearing/appearance may be decided accordingly. d) In the case of non English speaking countries, the notices should be accompanied with the certified/authenticated translation(in duplicate) in the official language of the country where the notice is proposed to be served. e) Name and address of the individual/organization should be complete in all respect and PO BOX no. and Passport no. will not suffice as address of the individual. f) Ministry of Home Affairs responsibility to service the summons is only in Criminal Matters. Hence, summons in Criminal matters only may be sent to the Ministry for service abroad. g) MHA does not undertake service of the non-bailable warrants of arrest. The service of non-bailable arrest warrents amounts to the extradition of the individual. The request for extradition are based on certain legal procedures contained in applicable treaties negotiated on the basis of the International Principle of Extradition. Such requests are to be forwarded to the Ministry of External Affairs, CPV Division, Patiala House Annexe, Tilak Marg, New Delhi – 110001."

What worst could happen to me ?

Hiring a Ld. Advocate is not a problem for me but there will be one day when Honb'le judge will ask my lawyer to ask me to be present in india during court hearing..........one of the reason i don't want to go india is because in addition to Crpc 125 they will file fake 498 (a), DV case against me and definately court will issue me Bail but "BAIL" itself has its own conditions which i have to follow....if tht conditional Bail ask me not to leave india until the court hearing then definately i will loose my job ! Honestly i don't have time for all this......neither i wanted to go through all this......i just met a miserable girl (My wife) in my life and she screwed up everything......yes i admit she is entitled for maintenance but only if i have neglected her so i feel if i am questioned for desertion by U.S. courts in case if i get summoned (For extradition) via embassy then i will definately have an answer along with proofs that i have not neglected her....i tried sending her money but she told me on phone that she don't want any settlement from me she just wants to screw up my life.....she is very very stubborn !

I have lodged harrassment on phone complaint in local police station against my wife's lawyer in U.S.....i am trying to collect as much as evidence i can to prove that i have not neglected her !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register