LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

palanikumar (Sr.Engineer)     07 May 2011

First hearing

I applied for divorce and my first hearing is on june 24 ,my wife if she didnt come on that day what will happen?my lawyer is saying i will get divorce on same day like that.whether i will get?

Learning

4 Replies

Jamai Of Law (propra)     07 May 2011

After filing of divorce petition, if the petition is complying to all the preconditions and if petition isn't rejected then ................... summons is served to the other party by the court.

Are you done with above?

Ex-party proceeding don't start until enough number of chances are given to the other party, if at all summons is served duly to the other party.

Divorce in one hearing?....impossible.

Your lawyer is simply misguiding you and about the whole process. Beware!!

Satish (product support)     07 May 2011

court will see for 3 - 4 hearings then only decission will be taken , if they donot turn up for 2'nd hearing  court will send a notice , this can be from this court to nearest court from there send a person to handover the summons to toher party  . total process will take  8-10 months .

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     07 May 2011

" I applied for divorce and my first hearing is on june 24 , my lawyer is saying i will get divorce on same day like that.whether i will get?"

---   your lawyer is not a lawyer but a lier.

just kick him out.

you may show him my commentts.

there is a long and complicated process awaiting for you.

lci members are correctly advicing you.  for free and authenticated information get touch with the forum.

1 Like

(Guest)

The lawyer is taking about -------------

Divorce in one or two hearing not possible.

Agreed with Arupji.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register