Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce on Cruelty and Desertion or only Cruelty

Hello All,

I need your advise on matrimonial dispute. Got married in April 2009.Baby girl born out of wedlock in May 2010. Since delivery my wife is refused to join me back and she and inlaws are threatening us to file all sort of cases and drag us to court. Wife herself conveyed that keep money for me and my daughter aside in terms of alimony. Father in law threaten us of cases via common relative.

I do have recordings for all this conversation where they have threaten us and she is refused to join back matrimonial home. She also refuses to come out alone of her parental house and refuses to meet me alone. In 1 year i have seen my daughter only 1 month or so. Wife is being very much brain washed by her parents and blindly following their words even if it means her own, daughter,husband's life is spoiled.

Due to many incompatibilities i am trying to get separated as i dont see these to get resolved by any means.Does this situation enough to put up a case for divorce on cruelty basis ? Or shall i wait for another year and complete 2 years of desertion and then put up a case for Cruelty and Desertion ?

Thank you.

Learning

8 Replies

Raj (Engineer)     19 April 2011

Hi

I am also facing similar situation .

Don't argue or abuse your wife. Talk to her kindly invite her to join you .If she refuses then file Restitution of Congugal Rights in the FC. This will save you and your family in the event of false complaints by your wife's family.You need to be mentally prepared to stay calm for next 2 or 3 years what ever your wife say or do.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     19 April 2011

file divorce very fast on basis of adultery, cruelty and desertion , let her speak watever she wants , just keep ur recordings safe.

1 Like

Harini Thara Nagaraj (Law Student)     20 April 2011

yes, you are correct. restitution of congugal rights is preferable.i don't know why parents of the girl are so keen in spoilng their daughter's life, get a divorce, and re marry. later she'll feel, or if they wish for a divorce, get it by mutual  consent.

1 Like

(Guest)

@Raj,Harini,

Due to many incompatibilities i am thinking of getting divorce. RCR is something which i would never do as i dont want her back in my life.

@Avnish

From above fact does it presents strong case for divorce ? Its been a year since she deserted me. Would case stand strong on reason of cruelty ?

Thank you all for your replies.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 April 2011

@ Author

@ Legal:

If she uses Email then send RCR request (soft toot he point love letter to re-join matrimonial life is what I mean).

2. Send regularly some money by hand written money order service let her refuse the same. Keep Xerox copy of receipt as well as MO Form.

3. Send love letter (short) to her physical address using RPAD asking her to rejoin matrimonial home.

4. Keep audio recording in safe place.

5. File a simple Police Report of wife left with child at nearest police station and mention a small sentence stating threat to your and your family plus to your wife and child and take stamped receiving.

6. The safest suit that you can file is for S. 12 R/w S. 17 GWA for visitation of child at a neutral place convenient to both of you. Also file a separate application in same Court to voluntarily giving of certain maint. amount pm to child upkeep.

7. If divorce is to be filled then take it will become a retaliation ground for them so be prepared before hand and umpteen advise I have spoken here.

8. Take your family to SIFF local city group (Men's Rights Activists group) for uplifting self esteem and for counseling.

9. Collect evidences of her education / job if any.

10. RCR will never work and if it is decreed even GOD(s) can't make a Indian wife come back to your bedroom (read as cohabitation under a roof)

11. Start preparing yourself and your family for minimum 3-5 years of suffering and or if you have good bank balance then go for MCD.

@ Take:

Unfortunate but very limited options you as a Indian husband have.
1.2. Or file Divorce suit plus guardianship (visitation) and contest tooth and nail to see her hair turn grey for another 3-5 years.
1.3. Be a debit man instead of being her ATM The Man (read as lap dog) but do invest on child’s future.

2 Like

(Guest)

Thanks TajobsIndia Ji.

I appreciate your inputs.

My query is does case stand strong on mental cruelty basis alone.or should i wait for 2 years desertion (currently its 1 year) before filing divorce.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 April 2011

Originally posted by :Harassed by InLaws

"

Thanks TajobsIndia Ji.
I appreciate your inputs.
My query is does case stand strong on mental cruelty basis alone or should i wait for 2 years desertion (currently its 1 year) before filing divorce.

"

@ Author

@ Take:
. Indian Husbands need to work extra time to make their case(s) strong.
2. It is immaterial if my view is YES or NO. It is your case and you have to make it strong in gender injustice arena.
3. Even after this much gyan if you ask again same que. then I will not pitty you.

(Guest)

Thank you TajobsIndia,

Understood your pointers and Apologies for asking same question again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register