Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How should i get bills for services taken from a freelancer

i am launching my own website soon.

i hired a freelance designer because companies charge very high rates which dont suit me.

her fees is Rs. 15,000.she works for a gurgaon company,but is designing for me privately.she says she works as a freelancer regularly.but i met her for the first time and dont know her previous clients also.

my questions:

1. how do i get any bill or invoice from her for the payment,as she is self employed and DOES NOT OWN any company?I also dont know her home address and telephone nos.I only know her mobile no.

2. what is more practical?Giving her 50% of the settled fees,or giving her only a small booking amount,like,Rs. 1000 initially and wait till entire work is done,before paying remaining 14,000?

3. what kind of paper shud i use where all the services she will provide me will be mentioned specifically.?

4. what if she tells me she will take 50% initially otherwise she will not work for me?i cannot afford companies' rates which are unaffordable.

please advise..

thank you

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     09 April 2011

A simple consultancy agreement can be signed between you and her. Ask for her resident address supported by residential proof like PAN Card and transfer the money in phases through bank or cross cheque. Development of website takes not much time and the payment could be in 3/4 instalments. 

vasudevan

1 Like

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     10 April 2011

I think V. Vasudevan is right. A simple consultancy agreement with all terms and conditions, etc will serve the purpose

1 Like

(Guest)

Thank u very much sirs.as suggested by you,i am following your advice and asked for invoice and a written contract.

she sent me an invoice by e-mail on microsoft word document,that mentions her home address,mobile no.,two e-mail IDs(one of them was used to e-mail me this invoice),account beneficiary name(her name),Acct no.,bank branch(in delhi),bank name,and IFSC code.it also mentions the contract's terms and conditions.

however this invoice does not have her signature.

she said i should send her the money through online transfer or through bank deposit,to her acct. details.

although she gave her home address,there is no add. proof.once when i asked her for the same,she said she has the add. proof of her hometown which is in kolkata.(where she lived before marriage)

1. is transferring the money thru online transfer or account deposit better,or shud i insist on cheque payment only,which u have advised?is there any way to find out?

3. should i insist on a signed invoice,or invoice sent by e-mail is good enough?

thank you again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register