Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     05 April 2011

Delhi HC orders crorepati wife to pay alimony to husband

Delhi HC upholds 'alimony' for husband

The Delhi High Court today upheld a lower court order directing a wealthy woman to pay monthly maintenance of Rs 20,000 to her estranged and unemployed husband.

The woman runs a business with an annual turnover of about Rs one crore.

Justice G S Sistani upheld the trial court order that had awarded maintenance to Rajeev (name changed) two years ago.

'He should also enjoy the same status as his wife,' Justice Sistani said. 'Law is equal for both of them. When husband is unemployed then the wife, who is working, should maintain him,' said the court.

The couple have a son and a daughter aged 26 and 24 years respectively.

Rajeev argued that his wife Priya and children threw him out of their home in 2006 accusing him of having an affair with another woman.

The court considered Priya's flourishing business of a hotel cum paying guest in Greater Noida while fixing the maintenance.

Rajeev had purchased the hotel in his wife's name.

Rajeev had filed for divorce in 2008 in the trial court on the grounds of desertion. He later filed a maintenance plea under section 24 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:INJlwEh3MYEJ:www.indlawnews.com/NewsDisplay.aspx%3F38677031-0fb4-4a1b-ad4f-7b08e5b77fee+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=encrypted.google.com

Learning

17 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 April 2011

Hallo Roshini,

I am also Rajeev

2 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     05 April 2011

Our Rajeev can get 20,000 points in LCI, But cannot get Rs.20,000 /- as maintenance which was ordered to a different person

Ha Ha.Vey funny!

When will courts become sensitive to spouses' maintenance?Even this husband has got a pittance maintenance,compared to his wife's income.Still it was reported in newspaper,as if it is a big achievement.

Nevertheless,LCI men have nothing to complain.Their voices have been heard by judges.So they are also getting justice.Please cool down now.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 April 2011

" I am also Rajeev"   ---   then you have two possibilities, (1) soon you will find one crorepati bibi for you. (2) you may be .....    after a boomb explotion.

hellow mr arvinthan, please do not make LCI , w/o mr rajeev.

The rulling of delhi hc is quite natural.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 April 2011

Originally posted by :Roshni B..
"
Still it was reported in newspaper,as if it is a big achievement.

- It is big news from gender insensitive Judiciary for sure. Helpful for spouses in Delhi living hands to mouth somehow. And persuasive Judgment for other States spouse in similar apathy situation.

Nevertheless,LCI men have nothing to complain.Their voices have been heard by judges.So they are also getting justice.Please cool down now.

- How about un-disclosed income of Cr. spouse which was not reported as the other spouse could not lay hands on them for evidence. Against 1 Cr income 20 K is really a pittance at this old age of the other spouse and when inflation is at its peak a boo and especially life in metro is so tough for middle age spouse to live, I wonder can he get a decent accommodation for even 8 -9 K and what about his medical and living needs on food, clothing, conveyance to work or whatever he is now left with etc. in Delhi & NCR ! I suppose if this spouse is in LCI reading this very post then he shall go and appeal before Hon’ble SC and get it raised to decent level of atleast 50 K……against 1 Cr reported income.

"

@ Author

You see there shall be something called “equity before Law" has that been settled in this reporting? And nothing to rejoice in today’s high rise cost of living.

1 Like

---   NOT ONLY LCI BUT MEN AND THEIR SYMPATHISER WOMEN ALLOVER INDIA ...

I said men should rejoice,because the judiciary has atleast started listening to their woes also.

I agree it's a pittance in a metro like Delhi.That's what I also said.Even 50,000 you quote too is a pittance,if compared with wife's income.

Now men and women are in same taraazu.Both getting pittance alimony through courts,in most of the cases.

So no more fights in LCI now.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 April 2011

Originally posted by :Roshni B..
"
I said men should rejoice,because the judiciary has atleast started listening to their woes also.
Johnson & Johnson buds laga hai abhi bhi madam ............

Now men and women are in same taraazu. Both getting pittance alimony through courts,in most of the cases.
Which tarazzu is this ? where you see all akhil bhartiya naris leaning more than 2-3 cases of some Indian men till date 3 - 4 cases since 1999 is nothing compared to prime facie dena hi hai madam ko agar hum rainbow glasses nikal ke dekhe toh..... 

So no more fights in LCI now.
Wah abhi to "ratio deserendi" pe Kushan se debate bachi hai fir "opportunity cost agenda pending hai "abhi to gaddi warm up hoga fir platform pe lagega fir Guard (Hema !) ka intezar hoga fir chuck chuk chalegi....waisey chup rahtey hai abhi Hindu New Year chal raha hai.....
"
1 Like

Deep (k)     05 April 2011

I see a matured Roshni :) (by saying no more fights)............ great keep it up..........

(Guest)

Roshni ji..is not the amount tooooooooooooo high??

Maintenance is not for luxury!!!:P;):)

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 April 2011

Originally posted by :utpala kaur
"
Maintenance is not for luxury!!!

"

Han han uskey Kidney bhi bikwa do aap log.....bechare ko kissi tarh kutch mila hai kissi tarah jindagi chalayega lekin apka baas chaley toh tauba tauba........

Eik toh case nazar mei aya hai who bhi
Delhi sey uska bhi extra analysis kar rahi hai aap aab……l

;(

1 Like

Ambika (NA)     06 April 2011

Pending piles of themes for debate, like courts' pending piles of cases!

(Guest)

Ambika,

at last God heard of the harrassed, innocent, deprived husbands.

I am so happy for them.(for my hubby also)!

Somebody plz inform Bhaskarji about the news. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register