LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARSayed (Manager)     28 March 2011

Address proof certificate from Housing Society for brother

I need address proof certificate from Housing Society  for my brother and his family for the new passport. We are a joint family and he and his family stays with me and parents. The property is in my name and when I requested the society for the document they said they will provide for my parents but not for my brother and his family. What do i need to do in such a case as we do not ration card for this address. The society asked me to provide some addess proof of my brother, say from bank,  and only then they will be able to give my brother the document.

Learning

3 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     28 March 2011

Please get a Postal Id Card from Post Office. It will serve the purpose of both ID Proof and Residence Proof for any government related work. For details please refer https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/ID-Proof-23434.asp

2 Like

ARSayed (Manager)     29 March 2011

Thank you so much. I will try to get that.

But I still dont understand how a co-op hsg society refuse to give a letter for my brother who is staying with me and they know him as well. Is there any law that prevents me getting this letter for my brother from the society?

Democratic Indian (n/a)     30 March 2011

ARSayed ji I do not know why Co-Operative Housing Society is refusing to give a letter. May be some people to not want to take responsibility of issuing that letter. So don't bother about it. If you get Postal ID Card, it is a solid legal document which nobody can refuse to acknowledge. It has more legal value than a letter by Co-Operative Housing Society.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register