Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

marupa (BA)     24 March 2011

Impact on my Divorce proceeding due to a newspaper picture

Hi,

I have filed a petition (husband) for divorce in 2007, on grounds of desertion (Hindu Marriage Act). We have been staying separately in different houses since 2007 till date and absolutely no contact except mediated via our respective attorneys in court.

Currently I am being cross questioned on the evidences that I have produced and I have one more round of cross questioning to complete. The respondent (wife) is yet to be cross questioned.

Recently in one of the newspapers a picture of mine with a friend (opposite s*x) was printed.  
Will this impact my divorce proceeding or can the respondent bring this up in court on any grounds.

Learning

8 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     24 March 2011

it may be , same time you can prove thats pic is only for official or friends, 

marupa (BA)     24 March 2011

Thanks for the reply.

Well the picture is where the two of us hugging eachother and its on Page 3. Though we were a part of a group attending a party, only our pics came in the papers.

Still does it impact.

Self service (None)     24 March 2011

Well you file divorce on basis of desertion. you have to prove that. Also if you are not in compmany of wife for long time it is natural to find some other. Try to show it as office relation of friendship. Even if they prove you have physical relation is fine as you are away from wife from long time who deserted you.

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     25 March 2011

i agree with my friend mr.sheik mohammed ali

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 March 2011

" Recently in one of the newspapers a picture of mine with a friend (opposite s*x) was printed.  
Will this impact my divorce proceeding or can the respondent bring this up in court on any grounds."

---   if complains are already there about your relationship, then it might be a issue.

if it is already not there, it can't be.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 March 2011

you may explain the issue according to your convinience.

only doing s*x is prohibited and nothing else.

go accordingly. if need bring that girl to witness box. simple friendship with a girl is no issue for your divorce case.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     25 March 2011

jab pyar kiya to darna kya------anarkali...mughal-e -azam

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 March 2011

he has not cleared that the said girl is his lover.

and in this stage no need to clear it in an open forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register