Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     14 March 2011

Mizo man has 39 wives????

Amazing, but is true,

Mizo man has 39 wives, 94 children, 33 grandchildren

PTI – Sun, Feb 20, 2011 3:56 PM IST

Aizawl, Feb 20 (PTI) Believe it or not, a man in Mizoram has 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren -- all living together under one roof in a picturesque village about 100 km from Baktawng in the north of the state.

The head of the family and leader of the "Chana" sect -- which allows polygamy -- is 66-year-old Ziona Chana who lives with his family in a 100-room, four-storyed house named ''Chhuan That Run'' or the House of the New Generation.

Though all of Ziona''s family members live in different rooms in the building, they all share the kitchen where they cook for the entire family.

"Today I feel like God''s special child. He''s given me so many people to look after. I consider myself a lucky man to be the husband of 39 women and head of the world''s largest family," says Ziona.

The sect believes in "Kum Sang Rorel" or the rule of 1,000 years by Jesus Christ on Earth as foretold in Bible''s Revelation Chapter 20 and that they would be soon ruling the world with Christ.

Previously known as Khuangtuaha Pawl, the sect was formed on June 12, 1942, after the followers of Khuangtuaha were evicted from Hmawngkawn village by the village chief for propagating "wrong and dangerous" theology.

The sect, till date, celebrates the "Bawkte Kut" or the festival of the hut on June 12 every year to commemorate the formal formation of the sect.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/mizo-man-39-wives-94-children-33-grandchildren-20110220-022600-883.html

Learning

18 Replies

Lucky Fellow, LOL!

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     14 March 2011

Yes. Lucky is the one husband whose any of his 39 wives have not yet filed any DV or s.498A case till now.. I have been seeing men scaring having one wife.. lol
2 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     14 March 2011

look he is still saved from AIDS

what an achievement!

2 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 March 2011

It is really wonder. As Suchitra madam said, it is a big thing to be a man with 39 wifes without having any matrimonial dispute.

But my contention is

a) most of them illiterate

b) customary marriage practice as polygamy accepted

c) though sharing kitchen, he provide seperate rooms

d) since he is busy with his wives, his wives who are elderly only manage the family affairs

e) in family, (not only in family) women's administration will create no problem ( if not extended to dictatorship)

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 March 2011

"Today I feel like God''s special child. He''s given me so many people to look after. I consider myself a lucky man to be the husband of 39 women and head of the world''s largest family," says Ziona."

- NO, HIS THINKINGS ARE UNSCENTIFIC.

every normal health person can be husband or wife of  40 persons; 95 children; 35 grand children.  no problem for it.

we have social agreement, upon which law restricted such behaviour.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 March 2011

GOD OR NATURE NOT RESTRICTED IT.

IT IS SOCIAL RESTRICTION IMPOSED THROUGH LAW.

THESE ADIVASI AREAS GOVERNED BY THEIR OWN LAWS.

THAT IS THE HIDDEN SURPRISE.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     14 March 2011

Bunch of 167 votes ! There may be many such bunches in that constituency !

I will fight the election from there.

1 Like

Originally posted by :Bhang me rang
"
Bunch of 167 votes ! There may be many such bunches in that constituency !

I will fight the election from there.

"

Yes sir,

U hv rightly observed, in local bodies like Mukhiya/Sarpanch, Chairman, Ward Councillor etc elections such huoses where members are more gets more more att. than others. Since in election number of votes  counts.not quality.

When husband and his all wives are loyal to each other then there is no chnace of Getting AIDS,

Those men who scare of their wives must learn lessons from him of How to keep your wives Happy. LOL

Anyway he really a lucky man LOL!

Originally posted by :Arup
"
"Today I feel like God''s special child. He''s given me so many people to look after. I consider myself a lucky man to be the husband of 39 women and head of the world''s largest family," says Ziona."

- NO, HIS THINKINGS ARE UNSCENTIFIC.

every normal health person can be husband or wife of  40 persons; 95 children; 35 grand children.  no problem for it.

we have social agreement, upon which law restricted such behaviour.

"

Haan To Arup Bhaiya, Aap bina Science Padhe, LuckyMan ko Unscientific Thahra rahe ho, Ye Sarasar na Insafi hai.

It seems that u r envying with him.  Neighbors envy, Owners Pride. LOL!!

Thinking of That lucky fellow is more than scientific. 

1 Like

(Guest)

There is nothing lucky about him.

If i started living in that village for permanently, then i too can have 39 wives, or even 100.

Will i be lucky? No

If i started living in Afghanistan, then i can marry a 12yr old girl & easily leave her too, and again i can marry another 12yr old girl.

Will i be lucky? No

If i were a lion, i can sleep with many lioness in my lifetime.

Will i be lucky? No.

If we consider appropriate human behaviour, then it does not allow polygamy or child marriage.

And people who do it, lack knowledge or they do not have human characteristics.

So, in my view, he is no more than a looser.

In towns, will any women allow her husband to bring another wife if she is alive? Never.

Because they are educated.

So, its totally, the different society which have different rules.

But polygamy and child marriage is wrong, if we consider normal human nature.

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     15 March 2011

yes sir,

Amazing truth.

(Guest)

Kya baat hai , dekho sharma ji ke chehre ki chamak chaar guni ho gayi !

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 March 2011

hellow braj ka banka.

his thinking " God''s special child" is wrong and unscientific,  reasons already explained.

" It seems that u r envying with him."

not at all.

generally these persons are rich and i can not compare myself with these people.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     15 March 2011

But, Arupji,

I really envying him.

At least I wanted to be husband of 10% of his strength i.e. = 4 wives, LOL!

I will meet him and get the tips from him, about how did he managed that Kunaba. LOL

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register