Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Indian who has 39 wives is now ready to marry again

Indian man with world's largest family of 39 wives ready to marry again

SOURCE - https://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/feb/230211-Indian-man-world-largest-family-39-wives-marry-again.htm

An Indian man, from Mizoram, who has the largest family in the world with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren, says he's ready to marry again.

Ziona Chana and his family live in a 100-room, four-storey house set amidst the hills of Baktwang village in Mizoram, where the wives sleep in giant communal dormitories.

Chana also has 94 children, 14-daughters-in-law and 33 grandchildren.

"Even today, I am ready to expand my family and willing to go to any extent to marry," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.

"I have so many people to care (for) and look after, and I consider myself a lucky man," he said.

The family is organised with almost military discipline, with the oldest wife Zathiangi organising her fellow partners to perform household chores such as cleaning, washing and preparing meals.

One evening meal can see them pluck 30 chickens, peel 132lb of potatoes and boil up to 220lb of rice.

Chana met his oldest wife, who is three years older than he is, when he was 17.

He heads a local Christian religious sect, called the 'Chana', which allows polygamy. Formed in June 1942, the sect believes it will soon be ruling the world with Christ and has a membership of around 400 families.

Learning

12 Replies

shrikant chede (law officer)     23 February 2011

Ash Him dear ,Not to forum members

(Guest)

ADDITIONAL INFO & PICS:

Indian man with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren

A 66-year-old man in India's remote northeast has 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren, all living under one roof.

A family photograph of the 181 members of the Ziona family in Baktawang, Mizoram, India

They all live in a four storied building with 100 rooms in a mountainous village in Mizoram state, sharing borders with Burma and Bangladesh, according to reports.

"I once married 10 women in one year," Ziona Chana said.

His wives share a dormitory near Ziona's private bedroom and locals said he likes to have seven or eight of them by his side at all times.

The sons and their wives, and all their children, live in different rooms in the same building, but share a common kitchen.

The wives take turns cooking, while his daughters clean the house and do washing. The men do outdoor jobs like farming and taking care of livestock.

The family, all 167 of them, consumes around 200lb of rice and more than 130lb of potatoes a day. They are supported by their own resources and occasional donations from followers.

"Even today, I am ready to expand my family and willing to go to any extent to marry," Ziona said.

"I have so many people to care (for) and look after, and I consider myself a lucky man."

Mr Chana met his oldest wife, who is three years older than he is, when he was 17.

He heads a local Christian religious sect, called the "Chana", which allows polygamy. Formed in June 1942, the sect believes it will soon be ruling the world with Christ and has a membership of around 400 families.

ONE THOUGHT:

Why are so many women interested in marrying an old man?

Don't they have their own self respect and marry someone who believes in monogamy?

Will so many men be willing to marry one single middle aged or old woman?... I wonder?

So,if such wives can't respect themselves,how can they command respect from society?

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 February 2011

I can only sing the song, the more we get together the happier are we!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 February 2011

mizos basically a matriarchle society, where woman generally dominates men.

i could not understand how this happened in a  matriarchle society?

1 Like

Durgesh Kumar (Student)     23 February 2011

Don't worry guys it's not a serious issue.

(Guest)

I feel very un-easy when i read this news...

2 Like

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     18 March 2011

i really condemn these kind of irresponsible behaviour/ acts of people towards society.

This is not something to proud off.

VK Dwivedi.

2 Like

(Guest)

life like animals..just living all together...

1 Like

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     18 March 2011

yaar desh ka to socho . resources r less and population is increasing day by day . what i think 

in INDIA also some kind of law should be made to stop population . 

it is very urgent 

OUR GOVERMENT IS NOT TAKING THIS TYPE OF SITUATION SERIOUSLY . 

INDIA SHOULD TAKE EXAMPLE FORM CHINA 

GOOD LUCK . V CAN HOPE FOR THE BEST . 

1 Like

Prashant Kumar (proprietor)     18 March 2011

Wah Re Kismat Wah,LOL!  Some are not happy with a single wife.

Where is the Great Law and Machinery of This Country.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 March 2011

ONE THOUGHT:

----   Perhaps he is a rich man.

Don't they have their own self respect and marry someone who believes in monogamy?

They must have self respect, but not like a monogamist.
Monogamy is issue to some people but most of the people of India, do not believe in monogamy. it is 'no issue' to them.
IT IS A BARE FACT - YOU MAY BELIEVE OR NOT, THAT IS SEPERATE.

Will so many men be willing to marry one single middle aged or old woman?... I wonder?

if any offer comes then it can be checked.

So,if such wives can't respect themselves,how can they command respect from society?
They must have self respect, but not like a monogamist.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 March 2011

ONE THOUGHT:

----   Perhaps he is a rich man.

----      They must have self respect, but not like a monogamist.
Monogamy is issue to some people but most of the people of India, do not believe in monogamy. it is 'no issue' to them.
IT IS A BARE FACT - YOU MAY BELIEVE OR NOT, THAT IS SEPERATE.

--     if any offer comes then it can be checked.

------   They must have self respect, but not like a monogamist.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register