Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     27 January 2011

Adjustment of day to day expenses for married sister's famly

Dear Experts,

Please advice if a person is regularly giving money to his married sister for their day to day expenses as neither she nor her husband is working and have no income, then if wife files case for maintenance will this amount being given to sister willbe considered as a deduction.

If yes, then what proofs will be required ?

Please advice.

Learning

11 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 January 2011

@ Author,

A married sister who is un-employed is liability first of her husband and in the event husband is also not working then her Father. In no stretch of imagination (persuasive Orders of single bench) it could fall upon you and or a brother.

Authorities to such directions do exists (means it is liability of Father is what I mean here).

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 January 2011

IF THE HUSBAND, FATHER BROTHER & HERSELF - ALL HAVING NO INCOME THEN WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN A MARRIED WOMAN?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 January 2011

MAINTENANCE OF ONE IS BASICALLY IT'S OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     27 January 2011

u can claim for expenses for treating socially as deduction for ur sec 24 case as given in some citations , but cannot show her totally dependent on u.

wat if father also dependent on Son?

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 January 2011

Originally posted by :Arup
"
IF THE HUSBAND, FATHER BROTHER & HERSELF - ALL HAVING NO INCOME THEN WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN A MARRIED WOMAN?
"

Married Sister - Petitioner

Vs.

1. NCW
2. WCD
3. State Commission of Women
4. Lawyers Coleltive
5. STATE 
6. District Gurudwara Committee 
7. District Hindu Mahasabha Committee
8. Chairperson C/o Area NGO - - Respondents

SHOWETH

1. That my husband is unemployed
2. That my Father is dependent upon my brother
3. That  my brother has a wife who is dependent upon him.
4. That my brother also has a minor child who is dependent upon his/her natural guardian.
5. That I need maintenance.

@ Arup

The author's question is quite valid but the way you answered showeth above Maint. draft which is highly unlikely and each one of the seven respondents will wash their hands off this lady (if real) except area's Gurudwara which is the beuty of this youngest religios sect.

Also I find the question not a legal question but an escape route to curtail lesser maint to a wife which only this author can clarify if any.

Rgds.

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     28 January 2011

What if father is not alive and the brother is the only person who can help ?

(Guest)

it is not a question of law..this is a question of love and humanity to a sister and nephew..If u don't help your sister in this situation  u are not fit to be called bhaiya or Mama...

manjit kalra (system eng)     31 January 2011

utpala madam, wat if this mama's wife files maintenance claim on him, will court take mamajis responsibilities and expenses into consideration?

(Guest)

@Mr. manjit kalra

if mama can't support "mami" financially , then how he will help his sister?

1 Like

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     04 February 2011

I think the person should be free to use his money.

If his relations are good definitely he will maintain mami first but if mami is not behaving properly and has filed cases then it is better to maintain needy instead of greedy.

Ambika (NA)     04 February 2011

hahahaha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register