LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subramaniam (NA)     22 January 2011

Prove a live in relation

My divorce is in progress and i want to live in with unmarried girl . When i choose to live in with her , how do we prove that its a live in relation and not a one nights prostitution going on in case my x-wife files a false case .What are the other things she could do to harm us what are the precautions we need to take .

Learning

14 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     22 January 2011

just go ahead , try to be secretive .even if she proves it not much harm

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 January 2011

have you fixed the girl?

have you told her everything of your mat problems?

hiding anything either in facts or legal problems - is dengerous for future conjugal life. be frank and fair with her. some girls do not like this type of relationship. if so make her a simple friend and go ahead for a companion.

NO FORMAL CEREMONY IS THERE LIKE A MARRIAGE.

JUST START CONJUGAL LIFE WITH HER PERMISSION ALONGWITH HER WHOLE HEARTED SUPPORT.

let us aware about your progress. 

3 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     23 January 2011

arup ji is very right, every relation is based on love and trust and you should decide the future of this relation now.

3 Like

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     23 January 2011

How do we prove that it is a livein - a Vacation Bench of Justices B.S. Chauhan and Swatanter Kumar said, “live in relationship” is permissible in unmarried heteros*xuals (in case, one of the said persons is married, the man may be guilty of adultery and it would amount to an offence under Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code).

i know some of the professionals here do not agree with the definition of adultery -  but law is dynamic as is society and this is a SC ruling so beware.... now that your divorce is in process get it done with..........

A married man living with a divorced , widow or unmarried woman is not an offense as per IPC . it may be immoral but not an offense as per SC.

mr mallik can u refer to a judgement opposing above lines.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 January 2011

How do we prove that it is a livein

the diffarence between a marriage and a live in relationship is - solemnization of the marriage.

a marriage has to be proved by providing  some datas like when and where the marriage solemnized? who are the witnesses of this marriage? priest; photographs; concent letters; other letters related to marriage; how solemnized?;

- if anybody challenge ( probably the wife) she has  to give these datas.

if these datas not given, the marriage will not be proved.

therefore those who are interested to live in; do not allow the the solemnization of the marriage.

...unmarried heteros*xuals...   - it is imagination.

the man may be guilty of adultery and it would amount to an offence under Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code)

read ipc alongwith it's crpc provision.

...unmarried heteros*xuals...   - it is imagination.

the man may be guilty of adultery and it would amount to an offence under Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code)

wrong, please read ipc alongwith it's crpc provision.

but law is dynamic as is society

- agreed

and this is a SC ruling so beware

- check the ruling first.

Sunil (accountant)     23 January 2011

this may help

https://www.knowyourlaw.com/news/details.asp?id=313

sunil ji, there is a difference of level of evidence in criminal cases and civil cases. a very longstanding livin may be presumed as marriage for civil purpose , but a person cannot be prosecuted merely on assumptions as prosecutionhas to prove beyond doubt that ceremony of marriage took place.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     24 January 2011

Show it as a shared accomodation....that two individuals staying together for convenience of accomodation and problems otherwise and budgets etc

And don't legitimise the relationship in public (behave more modestly even more than married couples. Married couples don't make a show of public romance. But unmarried couple are always in the race to show off ther relationship)

Otherwise you would invite DV case, if in future things don't work well with girlfriend. Do everything behind the curtains!!

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     24 January 2011

Dear Avnish - agreed its not an offence under IPC, neither do i have a opposing judgement,

Dear Arup -

...unmarried heteros*xuals...   - it is imagination - the above were the excerpts from a judgement and not my view....

the man may be guilty of adultery and it would amount to an offence under Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code) read ipc alongwith it's crpc provision - please specify the section of Cr.pc of you are talking about 198 (which i think is irrelevant in this scenario)

in the attached file please see para 20, 21,22 & 30.

Attached File : 5 5 velusamy vs patchaiammal.pdf downloaded: 112 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register