LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Lakhanpal (P.A)     24 December 2010

Insepction of document under RTI

An employee from our organisation requested for insepction of a file under RTI. We informed him the date and time for inspecting of the document. Now he inform us that he will bring another persons to inspect the file along with him. My question is can we allow that person in helping him in inspection of file or not. If not under which Rule under RTI we cannot allow him in the inspection. As the other person is not the applicant.

Learning

3 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     24 December 2010

Documents made available under RTI are public documents. The RTI Act gives the citizens a right to information at par with the Members of Parliament and the Members of State Legislatures. According to the Act, the information which cannot be denied to the Parliament or a State Legislature, shall not be denied to ANY person. If applicant desires to bring another person, you cannot prevent the another person from inspecting the file along with the applicant.
1 Like

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     30 December 2010

Well said Mr. Democratic Indian

MANOJ KUMAR (T O)     05 June 2011

I WANT TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE

1) CPIO REFUSED MY FRIEND AT THE TIME OF INSPECTION WHERAS ALL THE OFFICE STAFF HELPED THE CPIO.

2) CPIO INFORMED THAT THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR ASSISSTANT IN RTI ACT.

3) IF THERE IS RULE THEN ON WHAT BASIS CPIO DENIED FOR ASSISSTANT, I WILL BE THANKFUL IF LCI CAN QUOTE THE RULE.

4) APPELLANT AUTHORITY SUPPORTED CPIO .

5) IS ABOVE FACT CAN BE QUOTED TO CIC 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register