LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ymsr (HouseWife)     19 December 2010

Transfer of property between siblings

I am an NRI and I have invested in a residential site in bangalore through my brother who lives there. The site is registred in his name. What are my options of transfering the property on my name.  Do I have to pay the registration charges again or Can i go for the gift sale deed?

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

execute a  registered gift deed from your brother. that's all

Thanks Ganesh. What is the process of gettng registered gift deed. What are the documents needed and what would it cost. Thanks

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 December 2010

You can do whatever Ganeshan has advised you. Or you can go for regd.,  rights relinquish deed.  Both costs minimimum stamp duty in Karnataka.

1 Like

Thanks Rajeev. Do  I have to be physically present for registring the gift deed or relinquish deed. Can my brother get it registred on my name and send it to me. Should I send POA or get it done in person.

what is the Stamp duty applicable for Gift deed in Bangalore? Also can the

relinquish deed be done if my name is not part of current  registrationon? Is there other options of registering the site on my name with min stamp duty/regstration costs? Thx.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     20 December 2010

U contect local lawyer or Registrar office of your area and know about the stamp duty and registration fee.

ymsr (HouseWife)     28 December 2010

Can you please suggest few local lawyers who can help me in this process

(Guest)

contact Mr. G.M.Subramaniyam.  09342401122

ymsr (HouseWife)     02 January 2011

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register