Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     27 November 2010

Could harishchandra save his kingship along with truth!

According to pauranic stories, King  Harishchandra, who was worshiper of truth, gifted his state in dreem to Rishi Vishwaamitra. Next day, Rishi Vishwaamitra  came and said  that Harishchandra  should abide by his truthfulness and execute the promise given in the dreem.  Harishchandra delivered the charge of kingship and possession of entire state to Vishwamitra.

Had I been advisor of  Harishchandra , I would say that Vishwamitra had taken promise in dream therefore, he should take physical charge and possession in dream only. This way King Harishchandra could save his kingship without compromising with his truthfulness. 

Am I right  ! What could be other options ?

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 November 2010

Yes Sir, you are right.  If I were the advisor of Vishwamitra , Harishandra's advocate is very very intelligent so agreement should be in writing so go get the written agreement in the next day dream.

Advocate. Arunagiri (Advocate High Court Madras.)     27 November 2010

Harichandra is not the owner of the property. He is only a care taker. How can he transfer the property to Viswamithra. As a king his promise to the country is to save the people. If he surrenders the possession to a sait, he had breached the promise to the people. Harichandra had handed over the country to a saint who does not have the management experience, by this Harichandra had done an another mistake.

Harichandra's only objecftive is to keep his promise to the saint, he had not bother about the duty and promise to the people.

The contract between the saint and Harichandra is invalid.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 November 2010

" This way King Harishchandra could save his kingship without compromising with his truthfulness."

- PEOPLE LIKE Harishchandra REMEMBERED FOR HIS TRTHFULNESS.THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HIS CHARECTER, IF IT IS NOT THERE, HE MAY SAVE HIS KINGDOM FOR ANOTHER FEW YERS ( TILL HIS DEATH) BUT LOST HIS KINGDOM ON PEOPLE'S HEART.

'" Harichandra is not the owner of the property. He is only a care taker. How can he transfer the property to Viswamithra."

- HARISHCHANDRA DO NOT LIVE IN TODAY'S ERA.

HE IS A MYTHOLOGICAL CHARACTER, WHERE MODERN CONCEPT OF KINGDOM WAS ABSENT.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Advocate. Arunagiri
"
Harichandra is not the owner of the property. He is only a care taker. How can he transfer the property to Viswamithra. As a king his promise to the country is to save the people. If he surrenders the possession to a sait, he had breached the promise to the people. Harichandra had handed over the country to a saint who does not have the management experience, by this Harichandra had done an another mistake.

Harichandra's only objecftive is to keep his promise to the saint, he had not bother about the duty and promise to the people.

The contract between the saint and Harichandra is invalid.
"

Adv,. Arunagiri, you are my Advocate in this case.

(Guest)

Abe Ram samudre, mere puraane yaar !!!

Tu is lantaraani me kaha se fans gaya. Ye to khaali baithe logo ki dimaagi kabaddi hai.

Mujhe ek sher yaad aataa hai-

"Dhoop me niklo, baarish me nahaakar dekho;

Jindagee kya hai, kitaabo ko hataakar dekho."

Khair, is case me tera locus standi kya hai jo arunagiri saheb ko apna vakil bana raha hai. Paisa jada ho gaya ho to garibo ko daan kar de ya mujhe de de. Bevajah mukadma ladke vakil ko kyo de raha hai?

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     28 November 2010

We are not in "satyug",  so no comment.

Everyone is free to interpret as per his/her wish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register