LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 November 2010

Aren't private jobs modern day slavery?

you serve only your boss and the company,slog 9-10 hrs affecting your heart,brain etc,have to look for excuses  to take a leave to attend some marriage function,go for a picnic/shopping/meal with your dear ones,sometimes have to work on holidays also as overtime,if company is going in losses,tolerate politics by colleagues,have to drive/travel by cutting your way to traffic jams etc

many marriages also break since u had no time for your spouse and kids,and many companies expect u to work on Sat. also..so u get just 1 sunday off after toiling 6 days a week.9-12 hrs. daily

u may/may not be paid well,yet u have to be perfect.

lastly the risk of losing it.....

aren't current jobs modern day slavery/bonded labour?

i am not saying that one shud not work.....but the above conditions that are rigidly imposed on employees make me believe so..

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     23 November 2010

Definitely your views represent modern age of private job but we should not ignore the fact that no much jobs are available in Govt. sector and otherwise also Govets are depending on maximum privatisation hence there is no other alternative at present except to bear all such exploitation which you mentioned in your query.

Daksh (Student)     23 November 2010

Raj,

I think you have not understood the real issue what my learned collegue Ms.Roshni is trying to put forth.  In my humble opinion all the Labour Laws, HR practices, in house counselling only exists on paper alone.  The point which Roshniji is trying to put forth (as I have understood) is that the mere competitiveness has resulted in the general down trend in the psychological and physical health at large and untill and unless the government (being the dutibound as per the provisions of directive principles of state/including but not limited to the Writ Jurisdiction of the Hon'ble Courts who are also entrusted to ensure the general welfare of the masses) arrests this trend the consequences shall be fatal.

Personally I feel the problem does not persist what work is to be done but how it has to be done.

Once again I commend and congratulate my dear friend/colleague Ms.Roshni to initiating such relevant issue throught this thread.

God bless and best regards

Daksh

Daksh (Student)     23 November 2010

Dear All,

One addition earning livelihood at the cost of health, self respect does puts a big question mark on  "ethical governance/monitoring by statutory mechanism and its will to eradicate the sweat shops.

Best Regards

Daksh

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     23 November 2010

The problem as think is surplus workforce and weak labour law enforcement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register