LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY TYAGI (sr.manager)     12 November 2010

procedure to transfer the property

My father has a house in ghaziabad under GDA. now he is no more. now we wanted to transfer to the property to our names including mother ,brother and sister. What is the Legal procedure? Whether any fee etc to be needed to deposit?

Learning

5 Replies

A. Pushpadas Vellappana (advocate & labour law consultant)     12 November 2010

Mr. Ajay

if your  father  died intestate (without writing  any will on his property)  the legal heirs  of the deceased  should  apply and get  their legal heir certificate from  Tahsildar and  a request alongwith  this legal heir certificate,  send to the village officer  to transfer the  property    in the name of  legal heirs of the deceased.  After the due enquiry, the village officer  will   transfer the property in the name of the   legal heirs  and permit you to pay the tax in  your name. no fee is needed to pay anywhere.

Dr. Parvin Kumar Mutreja (Advocate)     13 November 2010

Apply for a succession Certificate. After that get it transferred in the name of all successors or if you want in your mother's name then file Affidavits and POA in her favour and get it transferred Through the court.

Dr. Parvin K Mutreja

AJAY TYAGI (sr.manager)     13 November 2010

Dear friend,

Is there any % to be pay as tax of property cost ? actually after depositting of documents the dealing clerk of ghaziabad developement authority demanding rupees three lac for listing the names

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 November 2010

One or the other day dispute will arose between the brothers and sisters because it is property. I do agree the learned members advises, but I prefer that file a suit for partition against one of the brothers and get it compromised in the court by allotting the share to every member of the family and on the basis of the compromise decree get enter your names to the property. It is better to avoid future disputes
1 Like

AJAY TYAGI (sr.manager)     15 November 2010

As I written previously my plot is under Ghaziabad development authority , having the area of 520 sq yard. Is there is any rule or restrictions  for  division/split of the plot under GDA rule ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register