Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreenu sree (pvt services)     19 October 2010

Wife and in-laws harassing me to apply and give divorce

Dear Sir,

i married receomly ( 26.6.2010), it was an arranged marriage and before that we were not having any communicaiton or relation. since i follows hindu religion and my wife family follows christinity but we both are same caste. at the time of marriage my father-in-law made to believe me that she will follows hindu religion. after marriage i took my wife along with me and stayed in delhi as i m working in delhi as private service. initially she was trying to adjust herself for a month.

she told me that she wants to see her parents , i drop her at her parents home. when i dropped her there she told me that actually it was forced marriage by her parents and she dont want to accept me as husband and she has no faith on hindu. she kept me aside not allowing me to have physical relationship also after one month of the marriage.

she also tries me to change my religion. i never agreed. after about  two months she told me that she wants to see her parents , i drop her at her parents home. when i dropped her there she told me that actually it was forced marriage by her parents and she dont want to accept me as husband and she has no faith on hindu and she will not come back again to delhi. now she is argueing with me that give me divorce and she dont want to come back. i kept her at their parents home for about two months but they were unable to convince her. i went to their home again asked her to come back . she thrown the ' mangalasutra' on my face and saying that she dont like and will not come back . it was happened infront of her parents. 

now their parents are also harassing me to go to the court and ask for divorce. they are threatening me . otherwise they will lodge complaint against me under sec 498a.  they have another four children, if society knows that their daughter comes back from husband within a month

now it is hardly four months completed after my marriage, i dont know what to do. i went to their home and asked/begged that "please send my wife i will take her back with love and affection"

they are still threatening me to go the court and ask for divorce.

my wife is with their parents for the last two months.. 

please advice me

waiting for your reply...

Learning

16 Replies

thanks for your reply,

my wife is willing to give divorce.. but her parents are afraid of doing it so.. as they forced her to do this marriage.. if apply for divorce.. then they are thinking that they want to take more money from me in return.

my wife is 25 yrs and i am 30 yrs old.

she stays at andhra and my permanent address is also andhra. i am working  in pvt service.

thanks

thanks

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     19 October 2010

.If you bring your wife back to your home it is mandatory that she will stay with you forever

Mr. Harsh, I do not think it is Mandatory for any spouse to stay with the  the other spouse forever. Had that been the case,  couples living separately prior to divorce  and  divorce cases would not have happened.

I think your message is a bit confusing.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     19 October 2010

1. What do you want - divorce or restitution first decide that in life.

2. If you want restitution then given to understand developed polarity between two different religious sans conversion marriage and un-acceptability of each spouse by others it is not going to work even if restitution decree is in favor of you. Plus two different people from different religion can’t have same caste eg. I have never heard a Brahmin Hindu and simultaneously a Brahmin Christian……experts may correct me if such casteism exists in two religions as stated in your first post thread ! The jurisdiction here is Delhi Courts.

2a. If you want divorce then based on non-consummation of marriage apply for divorce and amicably settle the issues by meeting the moneyrama (compensation of her staying at your home for the period of 1 month) and do involve a neutral mediator who can fix the issue between you two. The jurisdiction here is Delhi Courts.

Reasoning:-

Both of you are young and have a life to look forward to, so don't waste your combined youth staring in oblivion on a left over doormat by your that wife.

March ahead............

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     19 October 2010

Is the cause of marital dispute only differences in faith i.e. Hinduism vs Christianity or something more and the religion is being made an excuse? You are saying "she kept me aside not allowing me to have physical relationship also after one month of the marriage." It also means she did indulge in physical relationship before one month.
1 Like

Thanks for your reply..

it was not clearly understood, may be my mistake not clearly written/convinced

marriage was consumed... and she was with me with physical relationship for a month.. and left from me by her wish.. since then i dont have physical relationship(around 3 months)

and the when it comes to the religion..

in some places of andhra .. in the lower castes like schedule caste ,.. due to poverty .. they were converted into christianity... but actually my father-in-laws follows hindu religion.  while other family members of my wife's family ( 6) follows christinity..

\

at the time of marriage they thought that ' as like all other men' for wife .. they thought that i can change my religion.. they tried in every aspect... but not successful..

now my wife , dont want to make poojas and other worship to hindu gods

she openly saying that she will not come back....

their parents were unable to convince her..

what should i do

Viral Shah (Service)     19 October 2010

First of all you have to decide what to do??? Do you want a DIVORCE from her or not??? I will try to give you a rough idea of different litigations that you people can file against each other.

1. You can file a Divorce Petition at Delhi or Andhra on various ground like mental harrasment. Where you have to pay a permenant alimony which will be decided by the court as per the documents of your Income. (Here you have not mentione wheather she is a housewife or a servicewoman, I suppose she is a housewife)

2. She can also file a Divorce Petition at Delhi or Andhra..... But I think She will apply at Andhra as she is living with her parents and Court of that Andra is convenient for her too.... if she file there you have to come from delhi as you are working here in Delhi...

3. She can also file a criminal compliant u/s 498 for dowry against you and your family. For that you all have to take a bail from the court.

4. She can also file a criminal complaint u/s 125 for maintainance which will be decided as per your salary.

5. She can also go for the Domestic Violence Act.

In Short you will be very familier of court and its proceedings because you will be having more time in the court instead of at workplace I am not trying to pass any negative message but I am just telling you the facts what most of the couples face.

The best idea  is to get divorce decree from the court after settling all the issues out of the court. Hope you will understand the situation. This is the time when you have to use your mind not only heart.

God Bless You.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     19 October 2010

Originally posted by :sreenu
" marriage was consumed... and she was with me with physical relationship for a month.. and left from me by her wish.. since then i dont have physical relationship(around 3 months)..............................now my wife , dont want to make poojas and other worship to hindu gods
.......................................she openly saying that she will not come back....their parents were unable to convince her.....................what should i do

"

From above information I am able to understand the following:

1) For 1 month marriage was consumated, both you and your wife had a merry time, the way husband and wife should be doing. There was no problem of religion, caste, color, language and so on.......................the basic instinct was the overriding factor and the considerations of religion etc. etc. etc. were of no consequence.

2) After 1 month for some reason(you and your wife know the best, as to what is the reason), there arose a realization that religion has become an overriding factor for marriage to continue.

3) When you are stating: "now my wife , dont want to make poojas and other worship to hindu gods" What does this convey? If I am understanding the meaning correct, it means you are in some manner trying to compell her to worship the way you are worshiping. For 1 month there was no compulsion and things were working fine.

4) You are asking: what should I do? You have to decide by speaking with your wife if it is possible to spend the future life as merrily you had spend during the 1st month of marriage? If yes then what was the secret and what is the solution? Is it possible not to interfere into each others mode of worship and concentrate on things that are more important to live happily as husband and wife?

Ultimately you are the best judge as to what you want as correctly advised in above post by Viral Shah.

(Guest)

Hell  had no wrath like a women scorned. Obviously you've scorned her even if in good sense.

(Guest)

arranged marriage? which act? as per which religious rites? any religion conversion

write above in detail.

raviteja padiri (Advocate)     20 October 2010

Mr. Srinu,

I am an advocate from Hyderabad. You are free to approach me on the following e-mail id.

raviteja_ssf@yahoo.com.

It would not be fair to discuss each and every personal point of life in a ope forum.

Regards

Raviteja

raviteja padiri (Advocate)     20 October 2010

Mr. Srinu,

I am an advocate from Hyderabad. You are free to approach me on the following e-mail id.

raviteja_ssf@yahoo.com.

It would not be fair to discuss each and every personal point of life in a ope forum.

Regards

Raviteja

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     20 October 2010

Mr. Raviteja, this open forum is for the purpose of public education. We would certainly like to be educated by your expert advise on Mr. Srinu's query. Sure enough his query has enough material for someone to give his/her opinion. This forum I think educate readers through individual queries and advice on those queries, the querist is an individual but many may be facing such problems, hence your advice to Mr. Srinu would be listened to not only by him  but also by many others who find them in the similar situation/s.

Like Sony I too am a bit curious to know under which act this marriage is registered? 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 October 2010

In India, particularly among Hindus registered marrages are rare especially if it is an arranged marriage. Christian marriages are always in a church and the marriage is registered in church records. As Seenu is a Hindu and he was believing that his wife would live as a Hindu, it is not likely that the marriage was in a church. They would have had a customary ceremony as practiced in their case. I think if the case goes to court it will be under the Hindu Marriages Act.

In Tamilnadu also, among lower caste families, it is common that some members will be Christians and others Hindus. Migration back and forth between the two religions is also common.

MPS Ramani

(Guest)

Mom in law is behind it. Its jealousy and frustration and so seduce her. If she's very beautiful, no need to cover the face.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register