LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     17 October 2010

Notary General Register Number

We have done a Power of Attorney for Sale of Commercial Office of Value Rs.13,00,000/-, The Property was in Name of Father & Daughter, as his daughter is working in a school, her father has made a POA from our Lawyer & has done Notary. foerselling the same property & appear before the registrar Office & Sign all the documents of Transfer Documents of Society.

Now here even though he has done the Notary somewhere in Mumbai, near fort. there one Serial Number or General Register Number is Not Mentioned in to it.. The Notary Officer has signed all the pages, with Notary Stamp & date & his/her Registration Number. as  BEFORE ME. And has affix the stamp on Father & daughter's Photo also & the Left Thmb Impression is also mentioned in to it.

But Our Lawyer says that the Notary Officer maintains a register in which they put a Serial Number of the Notary Documents & the name of the Persons who are signing the POA.

But in the POA for which the Notary has done, all the stamps, Reg. No. Date Signature & Name of the Notary Officer is Mentioned.  BUT THE SERIAL NUMBER OR GENERAL REGISTER NUMBER IS NOT MENTIONED.

When I asked the that Uncle for the Serial Number he says, we do here in this way only, I have signed & my daughter sign in front of our lawyer & he has done the Notary.

Now I am having a query that does the POA as legal Validity, If NO then who is Punishable, becauase same POA we used dying the Registration at Registrar Office.

And Can We go to the NOTARY OFFICER & Request him to put the Register Serial Number.

And if anyone has done something wrong then who is punishable. (FATHER & DAUGHTER OR the NOTARY OFFICER)

We have purchase the Property from them & has also register with the Registrar Office & also paid the stamp duty.

Kindly guide me for the same.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 October 2010

Yes notary has to maintain the register and put the sl. No: of the registar on the notarized document.
1 Like

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     17 October 2010

Dear Sir,

But in the Notary the Serial Number is Not Mentioned, What should we have to do

Kindly guide me.

Regards

Deepak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register