Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh (GET)     13 October 2010

Query regarding leaving job

Hi everybody

I joined a company named Tech Mahindra on 17th of march and left it on 25 th march .

There offer letter states a two month notice or 2 month basic.Also its written that notice can be pardoned at their wish.

They have continously sent me a letter for a settlement amount of 14K and i have repeatedly replied them with a request to pardon off the amount as i have left for higher education preparations.But they have been repeating the same amount letter every 15-20 days.

Now they have sent me a letter through a lawyer for for the recovery of said amount.I want have your opinion about this and is it possible in any way to come out of it without paying them.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     13 October 2010

Sir, according to law of contract, it is understood that you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the offer letter. I suppose you have read and signed it too. 

So, now you cannot say they should not sue you for compensation. I can understand your plight if you have to pay the compensation even after attending their office only for a week. But then, is it not that you had agreed to their offer letter? It becomes binding on you now.

At the best, I advise you to try to settle the matter by negotiating with the management and get rid of court proceedings.

1 Like

saurabh (GET)     13 October 2010

Thanks a lot for such quick advise mam.

Since I haven't undergone any training or worked any of their projects which they felt i left in between i was thinking do i need to pay the said amount. Can i negotiate with them on this ground.

Please suggest something beacause even if i have to pay them i dont wanna pay them this much because this is the start of my career and i shifted to other firm only to get into the domain of my interest

Thanks

saurabh (GET)     24 October 2010

I have decided to pay the settlement amount.Now my question should send the DD to the lawyer through which they send me the last letter or directly to the company(though DD is in the name of company)

What certtificate or document should i get from them in return of this,wat do we call that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register