Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Learning

11 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     07 October 2010

Public interest : Welfare of the general public (in contrast to the selfish interest of a person, group, or firm) in which the whole society is at stake and which warrants recognition, promotion and protection by the Government and its agencies. 

"Public" here means generally the people who reside in a country.  Mainly citizens of a nation.

2 Like

(Guest)

Government should work ONLY FOR PUBLIC INTEREST.

So, for example, my questions-

1. what is the PUBLIC INTEREST IN SPENDING 70 THOUSAND CRORE IN CWG? Who is the PUBLIC in this case for welfare of them this amount has been spent for their PUBLIC INTEREST?

2. is there no other more needy work of public interest for these 70 thousand crore which has been used for CWG?

3. if anyone of people of India feel that spending this amount from public fund is unjustified so what the action a citizen can take to recover the same?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     07 October 2010

The CWG are for 'public interest' activity only. It gives ample opportunities for the sport persons, gives them a platform to represent our nation, gives an edge for our nation in the international arena. 

'Public interest' is at stake when the amount spent on those games are misused. One can file a public Interest case if the amount is misappropriated. 

1 Like

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     07 October 2010

Anything that the Government of the day does or spends is only for PUBLIC INTEREST.

If any one has any difference of opinion and would like to challenge the contention, they are very much free to approach the appropriate Court and vidicate their view point.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     08 October 2010

One decision of state govt. in the past has affected many people including me. Here I am a sufferer along with others and no one is taking action.

Now in this situation can I file PIL against that decision, which will benefit many?

Will my PIL here be declared as vested interest?

Or we will have to fight our cases on individual basis.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 October 2010

If you have been directly affected, then you are an aggrieved party and you have locus standi to file a case yourself.  There is no need for filing PIL.  Go ahead and file, don't wait for any PIL to be filed by others.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     08 October 2010

A single bench of an HC declared one of the mandatory provisions of a local tenancy act as ultra vire, thus struck down as invalid (not in consonance with the provisions of constitution).

The effect of this judgment is that the State govt. thru a letter informed the concerned departments to not to follow the “mandatory provisions of a local tenancy act.”  

Later after about 15 yrs. full bench of the same HC corrected/set aside that said judgment of single bench (rendered per in curium) and observed that the bench had erred in delivering judgment and held that there is nothing wrong in “mandatory provisions of a local tenancy act” and is constitutional.

So for complete 15 yrs. that “mandatory provisions of a local tenancy act” did not get followed either by ‘concerned state govt. departments” or by the people of the state. 

Now my question is,

“What will happen to the documents which did not followed the “mandatory provisions of a local tenancy act” during that period of 15yrs?”

Here I am being affected dangerously. (Before me so many others have lost the suit at the HC since is not considering this fact mentioned above). No one has approached Hon SC ever.

If I loses the suit on this ground then who will compensate me HC or state govt?

What should one do in this situation?  Is writing all the facts to Law Commission will help?

Since rarely people have guts to go up to Hon SC and any defeat at SC will deepen the wound further.

Do HC have power to play like this (as Single Bench says “YES” and Full Bench say “NO”)? Since, this has created ripples/havoc and widespread confusion even among senior Advocates of that HC. Also it has opened a floodgate of cases/suits.

Thanking You.

Radhey (Owner)     08 October 2010

Why the Govt did not take "my" consent for CWG ?

By "my consent" , I mean hereby "your consent--my consent--consent of commoners like us,called "Public".

Such a huge investment of time and money !

Was our country ready for this ?

Broken roads, Cops taking bribes, beggars harassing PPL everywhere, Dustbins full of garbge rottening for weeks,PPL running from villages/towns to metros,Slums and Slumdogs(as they were called in that foolish  movie ,honoured illogically),Public Servants drawing salaries with zero accountability and misbehaving and misguiding ppl---such are the real stories of India---Not CWG artificial shining.

If asked for "my consent" for CWG ,I would have never given it to our Leaders (The Fools, who are not even worthy of being followers).

By "my consent" , I mean hereby "your consent--my consent--consent of commoners like us,called "Public".

Am I right or wrong ???

please comment ............

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Why-Govt-did-not-take-my-consent-for-CWG--25432.asp

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     10 October 2010

HELLOW MR MEMBER ACCOUNT DELETED,

YOUR QUESTION IS LITTLE BIT CONFUSING.

YOU AND MR RADHEY EXPRESSED THE OPINION THAT, - SO HUGE EXPENCESS OF GOVT MONEY FOR CWG, - WHETHER IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC OR NOT.

OFCOURSE NOT.

BUT OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES THINK THAT - IT IS IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST. THEREFORE WE ARE UNDONE.

1 Like

(Guest)

"Public Interest" in India means personal interest [of those in power] on behalf of tribals who don't even get drinking water.

girishankar (manager)     09 November 2010

//////////////??????????????????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register