LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Weird problem.Please adsice

I am an 26 year male living in small room in a chawl in pune with my aunt with her 19 year daughter (my fathers friends wife)12 years back we both lost our families in an accident and started living together. she cares for me like a true mother.Even I Take her as my mother and her daughter as my true sister.I work with an Shipping company

Now the problem is that since I live with them in very small room I am infected with lots of lice in my hair. My aunt is affected mentally for the incident which occured in the past but still she cares for me and her daughter equally. Every sunday after having bath she make me sit outside our home in open chawl on a small stool.She sits behind Me and she starts picking nits and lice from my hair. Then she apply lot of coconut oil in my hair and start combing my hair with a louse comb for nearly 1 to 2 hour.there are lots people watching this in the chawl and everyone stares at me I feel embarased.I just have to sit around and let my hair be combed with lice/nit comb.If i refuse she starts crying.Even this is not enough she then puts mogra/jui flowers/Gajra in my hair with the help of a pin which i should keep all the day.I just have to sit at home with heavly oiled Hair and wearing Gajras in my hairs. She Also sends me out to buy groceries and i have to go anyway in such condition.This happens every sunday and all holidays.I have tried all possible ways but in vain. i cannot leave them alone at no possible cause.

The problem is not with the louse. she does that even if i dont have lice in my hairs. The lice comes back again even after complete removal as i stay with them. that seems to be ok. but the main problem is she openaly apply lot of oil in my hair and starts combing it with nitcomb and make me were gajras which keeps hanging in my hairs throughout the day.every where i go i have to go with heavly oiled hairs and flowers(gajra) hanging behind my head. she also insist me to accompany her to visit some relatives home and i have to obey he,any how.

She does that because she used to do that with her elder daughter whom she lost in that accident.
earlier she used to do that every day but since i made her understand that i cannot go to work she stoped doing it every day but do not compromise that on any cost on sunday or any other holiday
Every Sunday or holiday, she wakes up early and go to the market and brings exactly 1 dozon of gajra 6 for my sister and 6 for me to wear .As soon as get ready she starts the proceedings and on my rejection she becomes nervious and depressed. she says she feels good to do that and i should not mind wearing it. ... I have no idea what to do??.I made her understand two days back and she said ok. she will stop doing this .To day is Saturday (holiday) and as soon as i came out of the bath she was waiting for me with fresh flowers/gajras to were, I smiled and quietly wore my clothes and sat on the stool out side our house ready for Heavy oiling and wearing Gajras. As usual she came out sat behind me, opened the oil bottle poured lot of oil on my head, The she started combing my hairs with nitcomb and started killing the lice she got from it. The was already a group of peoples in the lane and other womens oiling and combing their hairs for lice. She nearly combed my hair for around an hour and a half. I told her thats enough. Then she applied some more oil on my hair and combed it backward and made sure that my hairs were enough oiled and well combed. I was getting restless so I told her that i was waiting to wear gajras.Hearing this she became so happy and she soon stuck the hairpin on my backside hairs and hanged the entire 12 gajras which she has bought. ( 6 for me and 6 for my sis) on my hairs.on opposing why she used all of them on me and nothing left for my sis, she told me to go to the market and buy it for my sister.she then took me in front of the mirror and spread the gajras on front side of my both the shoulders and asked me if i was looking beautiful or not. I replied yes, then she told me to go to the market to buy gajras for my sister, all in vain i had to go to the market wearing gajras to buy gajras. I quietly left the home after watching my self inthe mirror to the market .People were staring at me but most of them were used to watching me wearing gajra but this time i was wearing 12 of them. As i asked the gajra seller girl to give me 6 gajras, she was surprised to see me and told me why shoud i buy more after wearing so many.I just smiled at her and told this was not enough for me and wanted few more to wear. she laughed and asked me if i want her help to were those six and if she could pin those in the bunch i was wearing. I felt embarrassed and told her that they were for my sister and i went back home gave the flowers to my aunt sat on the chair wondering what to do

Learning

6 Replies

Unnathi Gupta (Exectuive)     06 October 2010

Really strange, though right now i do not have anything to answere, but then you are great as you are so thankful to her inspite she is putting you in embrassing position.

If your sister understand your situation ask her to convince your aunt may be she would understand.

shamataneja (Advocate)     06 October 2010

My advice to you is that later on you will have be independent. You will have to struggle a lot to have ur own house or rented premises where u can live ur own life. I do not know how is ur aunt and in what relation. U r  r dependant upon ur aunt for staying in the house that is the reason she might be dominating you. I she your near relative?. Make ur aunt understand by giving positive replies if she is loves you. 

Asha Pole (Legal)     06 October 2010

Honestly a weird problem but kudos to your patience, the only option is either convince your aunt or move out from that surrounding of course with them.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     06 October 2010

It appears your aunt is suffering from very extremely immense and deep mental trauma and shock, hence do not do anything drastic that will hurt her feelings. The problem you mentioned is not a legal problem by any stretch of imagination, instead it is a mental problem created due to mental shock of the extreme order. Instead of seeking advice in a law forum, it is more appropriate if you consult a good psychiatrist/psychologist.
1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     09 October 2010

:D

(Guest)

go for a psychitaric opinion for her

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register