Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R. PON KARTHIKEYAN (ADVOCATE)     16 September 2010

whether Habeas corpus is maintainable or not..?

The case of the husband is that due to some misunderstandings his wife committed suicide  the maternal uncle of his wife lodged a complaint u/s 304B against the husband..the husband was arrested and later released on bail in the meantime the maternal uncle of his wife  taken away the two children of the husband from his house, since criminal case was pending he was fighting for his defence he could not take back his children.. by using this the said uncle extracted money from him by using his children... it is pertinent the father of the wife is still alive.. after full fledged trial the husband was acquitted by the court of sessions on the ground that the prosecution failed to proof..after his acquittal he insists the maternal uncle to hand over his children..but the maternal uncle refused  and demanded 5 lakhs to hand over which resulted in lodging of complts.. due to the political background complaints were also not taken by the police...with no other option ...husband  files writ of habeas corpus praying to produce the children from the illegal custody of the maternal uncle and hand over the custody to the husband..the above matter was listed today before the division bench ..but the bench was not convinced and dismissed it at the admission stage itself holding that it is not an illegal custody...i am preparing to move our apex court...i need suggestions from our members

Learning

4 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 September 2010

if one of the parents live, it will get first perfarence.

according to that, here father should get first prefarence, not the maternal grandfather.

.......but the bench was not convinced and dismissed it at the admission stage itself holding that it is not an illegal custody.......

- it is not an illegal custody.

-  it is not the proper language for a case of habeas corpus

it is a matter of gurdianship & custody of the children.

welfare of the children is in prime considaration. if father not allowed as a gurdian, then sufficient grounds should be shown in the judgement.

2 Like

R. PON KARTHIKEYAN (ADVOCATE)     17 September 2010

Thank you sir, but could you please suggest me any other options other than HCP..or can i move Apex court against that order..do i have a good case before the supreme court...pls clarify..

2 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     03 October 2010

Is there no remedy under Section 482 of Cr.P.C?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 October 2010

HOW CRPC 482 WILL APPLY HERE?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register