Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shikharrrrr (Job less)     13 September 2010

Fraud in Marriage

Hi All,

Please advhe sameice.

I have been married for 1.5 years on the ground of cheating and fraud.

I was in relation with a girl for 5 years before getting married. We were cheated

1. She hided her Epilepsy from us. Parents even never disclosed the same before or after marriage.

2. Parents took loan before marriage from 9 banks on the Girl's credit cards and not repaying the same.

3. Her Father declared himself insolvent in the maket where he was doing his ladies suit business and cheated the people in the business market and never repayed the loans.

My wife now gets Epileptic attacks. She also had a Miscarriage in between. I have also read that this disorder also causes abnormal births.

Can I seek annulment of marriage on these grounds? What is the procedure?

PS: My wife is has left the job last month. I lost the Job this month. Can she still ask the Alimony and maintainance. If yes, How would I pay that?

Please advise......

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Eplilepsy is now no longer regarded as a disease and a taboo. [Ask the "experts" about SC rulings.]

(Guest)

Sorry epilepsy does NOT result in abnormal births. At any point of time you can also become a victim. Itws not s serious problem.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     14 September 2010

All these above reasons mentioned are absolutely no reasons for divorce. Live as a caring and responsible husband with your wife. She also needs your love and affection. If you have lost job, apply for jobs again until you get a job. Do not give up your search for job.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     14 September 2010

For whatever reasons, father of girl may have done frauds with people, that under no circumstances it means he has done fraud with you. Epilepsy or any disease or accident may happen with anybody, anytime. God forbid, if accident happens with you and you loose your arm or leg or some other part of body, does that mean your wife should divorce you?
2 Like

(Guest)

there are few things u need to clarify?

1.whether epilepsy existed prior to marriage? can u prove that?

2.did u live/cohabit  with her after detection of fraud

yes epilepsy can lead to birth defects on treatment.. hiding it before marriage is covered u/s 12 1 c for annulment

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register