LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     09 September 2010

Stipend for Junior Lawyers

Dear members, should a stipend scheme be introduced for junior lawyers? Because surviving for the first few years in the legal profession is much difficult than in any other profession. If it is not possible to give stipend  for everyone merit exam can be conducted and those selected can be given a stipend. Thank u in advance for ur views.

Learning

8 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 September 2010

Good idea. I am of the view that atleast up to three years they should be supported.

1 Like

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     09 September 2010

It is very good idea.But  Exam not enough as criteria for getting stipend.

1 Like

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     09 September 2010

Stipend is a must but there need not be any exam or other criterion. Most of the juniors are used for only getting of adjournments in the beginning till they learn the profession. So it is better to pay them and find out their talent in the years of practice and then the seniors can decide later whether to retain them or not.

1 Like

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     09 September 2010

Cost of living is skyrocketing. Pattern of living changing. It is hard to spent years as juniors .. It is high time to think about introducing some sort of monetary support to the bidding lawyers, otherwise India will find difficulty to get services  of good brain in the field of law.  What to do ? Who will think about these matters.? Even lawyers turned politicians are in the forefront of accusing lawyers and  judiciary. 

2 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 September 2010

Unlike other professions, in Legal world the juniors are exposed to the most deoplorable conditions especially those in remote parts of the Country. I am of the view that after completion of the Bar examt they should be supported by the State at least up to three years to enable them to concetrate in their practise and other practical matters.

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     10 September 2010

i agree with you.

1 Like

Raju Ramparag Gupta (Advocate)     13 September 2010

Thanks Mugundhan for raising such a good query.

I request all ld. members to reply with some sort of solution, give examples that how they can be supported.

priti (advocate)     13 January 2011

stipend  is not  a slove the problem of first few year as an advocate, as it decrease the dignity   of  the legal profession, junior advocate should get  some brief , salary form the senior advocate under whom they work or government should introduce some benifit scheme to the development of the junior advocate they can help the court in different way for which they can be paid at least 5 to 8 year most be given to them by which they can get knowledge of court work and get benifited

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register