Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     31 March 2010

Arya Samaj Marriage and registration

Dear All

My one friennd want to solemnize marriage under Hindu marriage act. both girl and boy are hindu.

my friend is in permanent central government service. 

I got to know that, Arya samaj marriage is safe solution for them. They don't want to solemnize thier marriage in court, beacause in process, notice are sent to parent , that will hamper the entire process.

I got to know that in Arya samaj Marriage, there is not any provision to sent notice to anyone.

please correct me ... if I am wrong in any inforamtion.

now  my queries are:

although in Arya samaj marriage, they will get marriage certificate

but whether it will be valid in government service?

whether they will have to get registered thier marriage again in civil court?

whether the wife of my freind will be entitled to get all proviliges of dependent of govt employee ( like Medical, LTC etc)

please guide me

Thanks

Rajeev Kumar

Learning

18 Replies

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     31 March 2010

Yes they can and arya samaj marriage cerificate is valid,they need not go to court they can take the aryasamaj marriage certificate and get the marriage registered with registrar of marriages,marriage photo and witnesses are required they will register marriage on the same day after marriage is performed.notice and all that procedure is before marriage.place of marriage,residence of bride or bridegroom is the place where marriage can be registered.

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     31 March 2010

It is valid.

whether they will have to get registered thier marriage again in civil court?

They will have to register it in the registrar's office.

whether the wife of my freind will be entitled to get all proviliges of dependent of govt employee ( like Medical, LTC etc)

Yes.

1 Like

Shiv Kumar Tiwari (Lawer)     01 April 2010

I think, it would not be compulsory to go to court to registered your marriage, once you get certificate from Arya Samaj. Your friend  can get will be treated as legal wife in the view of law. If you need to do so, you may go to registrar of marriage to registered you marriage.  

1 Like

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     02 April 2010

Dear Author,

I do agree with the views of my Ld. friends.

1 Like

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     22 August 2010

Hi All,

i just had a query .. So only arya samaj marriage certificate will be enough for legal proceeding ... and if couples havent disclosed in the family and staying apart and doesn't get chance to get the marriage registered.

Can Boy claim girl as his wife in society and on view of law.....as we have the snap with purohit with jai mala....

Please do reply me..

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     23 August 2010

Yes. Arya Samaj Cerificate is authentic document. They are husnabd and wife in the eyes of law.  But why do the boy and girl do not want to disclose that to their respective parents but they want to diclare as husband and wife infront of society? I suppose there is some bad intention in hiding the matter with their parents. As the certificate is authentic, both will land up in trouble if one wants to cheat the other later.

1 Like

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     23 August 2010

there is not such intention of cheating .. we will try to convince the parent first without disclosing and Disclosure will be the final option....

Suchitra.. suppose if girl denies that marriage after being influenced by her papa emotional pressure that he will die.. then in that would boy be in trouble...though he has the photo of marriage with purohit and witness....

suppose if She say that she was being forced( actually it wont happent but i am thinking of extereme negative )

what would be options for me in terms of legal fight....

(Guest)

why dont you apply for registration of marriage. also keep snaps and video recordings and audio call recordings if possible. why did u let her go away?if shes with u then dont let her go to her parents to "CONVINCE" THEM. boys are emotional fools. they need to be educated about modern laws.you two go away and live happily, otherwise boy in this relation will suffer badly.IF U WANT TO CONVINCE THEM DO A VIDEO CONFERENCING AND TALK TO THEM. DONT GO BY THEIR WORDS.

1 Like

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     25 August 2010

i have marriage snap with purohit and mobile bill details in which i talked with her.. would these thing will be suffiecient to show that she was not been forced as she has been talking to me for more that a year and half after marriage... though we were not staying together....

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     30 August 2010

Can anyone please reply over my query...

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 August 2010

The araya marriage validiation act valid the marriage.

the said act available at supreme court website.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     30 August 2010

mr mylove1278,

those are evidence.

a court should accept it.

1 Like

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     31 August 2010

Thanks Arup sir.. but your statement says "should"   (it depends on Court) .Can it be "court must accept it" ?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     31 August 2010

no. i should not say 'must', because power is with the judge. normally it should be accepted.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register