Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithya (ASG)     25 August 2010

granpa's property

hi

my father  has 7 children. 3 brothers and 4 daughters.All the properties are in my grandfather's name.After my father's death (my mom was alive) my brothers shared all the properties and registered in their name.One land is stil  in my grandpa's name and it is not shared by anyone or my grandpa has not left any will on this land.Now my mother is no more. Whether we daughter can claim for share in this land.??Please clarify my doubt.is it legally fine to claim for a share?.This land should be shared among 7 or can be shared only by daughter (since all properties shared my brothers).Just need clarification on tis. please advice me....

Thanks

NIthya.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 August 2010

All the brothers and sisters have equal share in all the properties.

2 Like

Nithya (ASG)     25 August 2010

hi archana

But few of the properties are already shared by them that cannot be claimed again?

My grandpa has one more daughter. she is not alive now. In this property her sons/ daughter will also have share.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 August 2010

You can claim in those properties also.

The sons and daughter of your grandpa's daughter also have the right to claim their deceased mother's share in the property.

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 August 2010

There is some error in replying your pm. Anyway, you have equal share in all the properties. You can claim your share in the properties shared by your brothers. Else if the property left in your grandpa's name is sufficient to complete your/daughters total share then, it can be wholly claimed by the daughters.

1 Like

Nithya (ASG)     26 August 2010

hi

Need one more clarification. my father has 7 children. 3 brothers and 4 daughters.All the properties are in my grandfather's name.After my father's death (my mom was alive) my brothers shared all the properties and registered in their name.One land is stil in my grandpa's name and it is not shared by anyone or my grandpa has not left any will on this land.Now my mother is no more. Whether we daughter can claim for share in this land.??Please clarify my doubt.is it legally fine to claim for a share?.This land should be shared among 7 or can be shared only by daughter (since all properties shared my brothers).Just need clarification on tis. please advice me.... u adviced me on tis. thanks for that. But on refering some website "only third/fourth generation ancestral property can be claimed by granddaughter" it was given like this. I m not aware whether my grandpa's property are ancestral or self acquired. whether i can claim the share in the property that is in my grandpa's name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register