Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is WCD Ministery trying to protect marriage industry !

My Observations and I quote:

"Out of the Rs 11,000/- crore ANNUAL budget of the WCD (Women & Child Development Ministry) in the last 5 years not a single Rupee has been allocated for curbing extravagant marraiges. Instead the Indian marraige industry is today ballooned to whooping Rs 700,000/- crore (which is equal to 12% of India's GDP). The questions I want to ask is that, why has the Government on one side tried to protect the marriage industry and allowed it to balloon to such mammoth proportions by allowing extravagant marriages on one side and draconised and the existing laws to show a facade of commitment in the name of eradicating dowry?"

Here is the WCD RTI reply :-

I cannot emphasize this more !

1. Kindly discuss

2. Comments from aam adamai welcome on above observation.

Learning

23 Replies

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     20 August 2010

Ok what about comments from Aam Aurat :)

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 August 2010

Aam Aurat not yet commented.

very very intelectual question raised by arun ji.

everyone should put his / her comments.

MY COMMENT:-

Women & Child Development Ministry SHOULD BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY,  BECAUSE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION IS THERE TO KEEP THE INTEREST OF ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION SHOULD BE UPGRADED TO MINISTRY.

WE WANT GENDER NUTRALITY, -  INSTEAD OF WIFE BIASED MINISTRY.

1 Like

(Guest)

aam auart who? there are punters and prostitutes

(Guest)

@ swatirswatir

There is no need to put such words (prostitutes et al) in any of the post for that if one may like one may use PM and throw as much mud on each other as one wants and does not want !.

Here in any of the forum there is no competition on such usage of words nor it is a must to use them. If you and others can put thinking on this and so many other threads quote as per Law and related general social issues in hand away from "personal issues" then frame your thoughts and say it instead of mentioning ***** and other unbecoming wordings into a past. Raise your level via mature discussion in a post with which what one wants to say also becomes clear. It is not necessary that if one calls other prostitute then only one can draw attention or vice versa and once message gets conveyed or not get conveyed. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 August 2010

Yes, as far as possible try to avoid any harsh expression against any one in this forum. Beware of those women; they can cause you sleepless night.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     21 August 2010

@Assumi ji

Mr Arun has sent across a very sober message which should not be read in any other light than it was meant. 

@ Arup Sir

Aam Aurat too would reply!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 August 2010

pl do mam.

(Guest)

@ Ms Renuka,

All aam adami's (means common man and common women) comments minus "explecitives read with personal" mud throwing are welcome in any post in any of the forums put by any of the authors. You may if you like place your comments revolving around the core subject title of the thread.  

Mr. Arun Kumar, 

I look into the gendered language ( professionally) and I was really wondering on this usage of Am Aadami like we always ask Manpower to be replaced by human power and so on and so forth.

Now coming to mud throwing, none of my mails have thrown mud at others, they were in reply only to those who were throwing mud against women. Some men have called women prostitutes and marriage legalised prostitution, not I. Hence I object to your unnecessary advice on how I should reply and what my reply should contain. If personal is contextual, it would figure, if it is not it will not. 

Now mud throwing has happened without any reason and it was forgotten. It's one thing to give advice, and it is another thing to follow it! I do not want to get into details.

RG

Correction and addition: Some men have called.....not I , instead please read I did not call men by names or marriage in a derogatory way. 

(Guest)

oops sorry wht an English sentence I wrote !

Arey bhai aam adami means aam aurat aur aam marad baas.

You want to write comments go ahead do it I will never stop you r anyone, simple reason, it is repliers comment and not mine. BTW, your abv. reply just went above my head I don't go into so deep lingustively.....don't explain again, I understood what u wanted to say afterall Im a aam marad na yaha ha ha .

TC 

(Guest)

arey madam aab inta justification maat karo....this is a challenge thread from a aam aadami to Govt. especially WCD, I gave a hint just now,  now you may write your comments if you feel like, simple bhai, n bandwiddth conserve karo haam saab this is all I will add now......

@ Mr. Arun,

In spite of your taking it light, I can't help correcting a sloppy sentence : well I did not call men and marriage in a derogatory way this is what I wanted to write! Realised the error the moment I did shoot off the mail. Sorry for diverting from the topic. 

Now regarding the topic, your posting with RTI information has shocked me as well,  and my comment is to draw the attention of the ministry  to this fact,  and press upon it to spend the funds  for  dissemination of this important message  through all means available: news papers, TV, radio including community radios, popular cultural events including street theatres etc. as well as to run campaigns across educational and local political institutions. 

@ Mr. Arup

Bringing this type of gaps in the functioning of a particular ministry or ministries is the basic function of the responsible citizens of a democratic nation, but that  does not mean ministries have to be scrapped. You know very well that Commissions and Ministries are two different entities with different scope of power and functions. 

women are not necessarily all wives.You are forgetitng about single women including widows, deserted and never married women, young girls and boys( children) when you associate Ministry for women and Child Development with "wife- biased" laws.

There is something called women's human rights which are a bit different from the gender neutral human rights. If you wish I would elaborate how women's human rights were recognised and endorsed by the international community but only if someone wants to know, as this thread does not require elaboration on women's human rights. 

RG

(Guest)

@ Renuka,

Appreciate your comments. If one aam adami has the courage to ask WCD then what is stopping one aam wife to shoot another RTI to them questioning the details given in this RTI reply for State wise implementation / allocation and by when (bze u can't ask "why" in a RTI so these two will do currently) ?

BTW I have already sent to them abv. questions which I was expecting a aam wife to question them (i.e.WCD) after coming to know.  Now let us see their response...........This is how rights of aam adami and aam aurat are accounted for and not by shouting Rama and Obama in free for all forums is my belief. The more a aam adami questions the very Govt, the better they may become responsible is associted thinkng of mine and this post had nothing to do with false and or true ragas just plain accountability backed by hard statistics (datas) nothing else.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register