LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

r (-)     18 August 2010

change of name affidavit lost

hi, i had changed my name and surname after my marriage (7yrs back) and got a affidavit and published in 2 news papers. But now i have lost the paper clippings and affidavit as well !! is it ok if i geth a new affidavit done and publish it in papers ? how do i go about it? i want it urgently for my passport ...

Thank u .. R

Learning

7 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 August 2010

As long as you are not lying there is no harm in going through the same rituals as you did 7 years back, with your name and surname, as it will be very difficult to trace those documents from the Offices. I see no legal hassels in going for the same rituals for your pass port.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 August 2010

for change of name you have to submit an affidvit prescribed in the passport application.  There is format in the application you can follow it.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 August 2010

Yes, as pointed out by Rajeev, there is a prescribed form for issue of passport affidavit under the passport Act, but apart from that there is also a prescribed form for change of name etc and passport authority will insist on fresh original affidavit for clarification of new name with the old name.

r (-)     19 August 2010

thank u ...i hv another confusion ...do i have to get a additional affidavit done saying ' i have lost my papers and so getting new ones done' and get gazetted office signature on it ??

Kiran Bhat (dhsjhs)     04 November 2011

Hi Everybody..

I need a help from u guys.. Recentely I changed my name. After that I applied for Fresh passport. Now I got my passport in my new name. 

Now I lost the original copy of Affidavit. Now I've not yet updated my name in my Driving Licence. For that I need original copy of Affidavit.

So can I issue one more Affidavit and submit it while updating my name in driving license.??

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 November 2011

Repeated query,  please go as per the advise mentioned above.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Abhinandan Upadhyay (asst manager)     16 January 2012

hi sir.

i have changed my name Abhinandan Upadhyay to abhinav malviya got an affidavit and publish it in hindustan times ....due to some numeric reason I again change my name abhinav malviya to abhinav upadhyay...and got an affidavit and publish it in hindustan times....both had happen within 15 days ... behalf of these documents I have changed my name in my pan card  Abhinandan  to abhinav upadhyay  ...when I go to change my name in voter id then they tell that i have to publish it in Bharat Raj patra.....a govt publish press .. .......................................................................please tell me what to do ................................................. I have documents as below...

affidavit

abhinandan upadhyay to abhinav malviya ( original lost) + paper add 

abhinav malviya to abhinav upadhyay + paper add

if i go to publish it in bharat raj patra ...then on behalf of these documents they publish Abhinandan Upadhyay to abhinav upadhyay

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register