LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

15 August--National Muharram Day

We were "ghulams" for centuries, on each 15 August we celebrate "azaadi" as if we achieved something worthwhile.Nothing to celebrate ,"azaadi" was our birth right, lost for centuries due to our follies, So 15 August be declared "National Muharram Day" and on this day every year we should do "maatam" over follies of our yesteryear leaders and kings and statesmen ,due to whom we faced "Ghulami".

And it is yet an illusion only that we are "azaad",only faces are changed from "gore" to "brown",nothing very Gr8 has happened yet at all.

So on every 15 August ,I feel that my fellow countrymen are just engaged (whosoever are engaged) in a futile exercise.And many days, so much money and so much energy of the nation is just wasted every year for the celebration of this particular day ,15 August. Plz. contribute.

Learning

14 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 August 2010

dear tushar,

here is my contribution.

i oppose the style of your celebration.

your logic is, "azaadi" was our birth right, lost for centuries - due to our follies.

i agreed with this point that "azaadi" was our birth right,

it is also agreed that we lost it,

it is also agreed that we lost it due to our failure.

but i disagree with this point that we should not celebrate it as because it is not a worthwhile.

OBVIOUSLY IT IS WORTHWHILE BECAUSE WE ACHIVED OUR 'LOST FREEDOM' ON THIS DAY.

therefore celebration must be there,

however your thoughts are always a new and fundamental one. thanks.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     15 August 2010

Yes I too agree with u, tusharji,

Still we r ghulam, even feel proud of a system and culture which is not ours.

Still we have not discovered the real freedom. We are heading towards lawlessness and anarchy. Corruption is at it's peak. It is the rule of law, contractors, cunning buisinessmen and mafias/criminals who r enjoying the freedom they wanted for. Just for a few thousandvotes we justify every wrongs, this kind of democracy we have achieved so far.

We have along way to go, to make ourselves Independent and responsible.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     15 August 2010

"Declare 15 August National " Muharram " Day", Superb!!!!!!!!!!!

Tusharji, u have selected an excellent and appropriate word " Muharram ".

What an idea sirji, u r great rather greatest.  I will beat my chest and cry tomorrow.

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     15 August 2010

I do not understand the sadistic view regarding our Independence day. We should know "independence" is a word which includes "responsibility". And the main intention of celebrating independence day  is mainly  NOT to  assess how far we are successful or how much we are a failure. It is the time when we realize that this freedom is hard won after so much struggle of thousands of martyrs. We should not forget we alone are responsible for what ever we are now.

The bird which has freedom will know how suffocating it was, when it was in cage. But then, it alone is responsible for realizing its dreams it had before it got freedom.

I wish everyone a Happy Independence Day.

(Guest)

Arup ji,

Which freedom are you talking about ? 

1. Freedom of expression ? 

So Chillate raho na ki ham bhookhe hain - Kaun sun ne wala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaara anaaj sad raha hai public servants ke paas - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaare bachchon ko rahne ke liye ghar nahi hain - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaare bachche bimaar hain - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaare bachchon ke paas kapde nahi hain - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaare paas court me jaane ke liye paise nahi hain - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaari zindagi court ke chakkar kat te guzari ja rahi hai hame jaldi nyay do - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki sarkari dafter ke babu hamse rishwat maang rahe hain aur hamaara kaam nahi kar rahe hain - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

So chillate raho ki hamaare bachchon ko padhane sarkari school me master nahi aata - Kaun sun ne waala hai ?

Chillate raho azad Bharat ke nagriko tumhen chillane, rone, tadap ne,karrahne, ghut ghut kar jeene di azaadi mil gai hai

JOR SE BOLO ANGREJI ME –

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

TO LCI MEMBERS ON INTERNET !!! 

@ OF

@ for having 20000000 child labourers

@ of having 16000 Formers committed sucide

@ of having 500000000 people below poverty line struggling for a bread

@ of thousands poor pregnant mothers everyday dying in lack of medical assistance

@ of thousands children going died just after getting birth due to no medical assistance

@ of Government Hospitals where Doctor, Nursing and other do not work and takes free salary & other facilities at the cost of patients

@ of Government Schools where teacher either do not come or do not teach to poor children and takes free salary and other facilities

@ of no electricity for irrigation to the forms of poor formers who are becoming under over burden of money Landers

@ of loot of public money by public servants who do not work without taking bribe

@ of loot of public money by the syndicate of bureaucrats & contractors

@ of Manmohan Singh the most inefficient Prime Minister

@ of having a most irresponsible Food, Civil Supply and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar who is wasting the wheat of poor to sale it to his friends liquor makers

@ of having dictated the Prime Minister by a high command of few dictators

@ of…..

Huh.. No use for playing the flute before buffalos.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

TO BLINDS WITH EYES

(INDEPENDENCE = LAWARISH)

INDEPENDENCE OR SELF DEPENDENCE ?

PEOPLE LIKE TO BE INDEPENDENT

INSTEAD OF SELF DEPENDENCE

THAT’S WHY WE ARE IN THIS CONDITION.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 August 2010

I concurred with Arup Sir and Suchitra, although the posting of Ram Sir, can not simply be ignored as it is a reality, but let us also remember that we remember the past but we love the future, so if we Love the future of india the past deeds of those great Indian souls should also remind us what we have to do on our part for the future of India.

(Guest)

Poor hungry children do not know when 14 August 1947 passed and when 15 Aughust 1947 arived and when they become old and gone dead on footpaths in open under heat of sun rays and under rain falls.  They do not know what is tribute and for what and to whom?

Dear Ram Sir, 100% right. But let us take this 15th August as a day of  National self Introspection by every Indian as pointed out by Tushar, and let the spirit of those great Indian souls guide us to a bright Indian future.

(Guest)

I am sorry for creating disturbance in celebration & enjoyement of all of you.

Dear LCI Admn. please remove my all the postings and throw me on foothpath and go ahead by oversighting me.

Not at all Sir, rather your bold and courageous postings is trully appreciated, it is an eye opener for all.

(Guest)

"Patriotism is a Crime"

On 15 August really or unreally people advocate patriotism (Desh Bhakti) but I denounce this concept and plead that it should be declared a CRIME.

In  the times of Globalisation, the concept of "Desh" has become outdated/obsolete/worthless.We do not need "Desh" or "Desh bhakti",We do not need National Govts. but a single Global Govt.,if we are really keen on saving our Globe,dying because of our follies, then the concept of Nations and Nationalism be thrown in the dustbin.With this border lines on our Globe and "Defence forces" (wonder if all these forces are for defence ,then who attacks,and that too without "Attack forces",and how everyday countries attacked by each other!!!) standing on these borders would be gone.With this the concept of "Deshbhakti" be replaced by the concept of "Prithvi Bhakti".And if this not done timely there would be no planet called Earth what to say of "countries"/Desh or Desh bhakti.

This reminds me an old saying--Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrels.

Plz. contribute.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     16 August 2010

Once, Mahatma Gandhi had said that "For a hungry FOOD is GOD".

Also in Hindi there is one popular saying "Bhukhe Bhajan Na Hoye Gopala, Lelo Kanthi Le Lo Mala". and "One can bear 'Dukh' (sorrow/misery) but can not bear 'Bhookh' (Hunger)".  "Papi Pet Ka Sawal Hai" and is source or origin of all crime.

Apart from our Drawing/guest rooms, we must also look at the backyard, what kind of virus and bacteria is breeding there.

Glass is half full, why to look that and be happy, it is a good thing and is for granted and is our’s, it is the half empty is a matter of concern, that must get filled as early as possible, so, that the glass is full always. We have to correct grey part and our focus should be on that.

So, I go by Ramji and Tusharji.

puneet saxena (student)     17 August 2010

Respected Ram ji

you once said to me that rights are never served in plate, you have to earn these.so who can only cry are crying and who try ,may or may not get something and in last law of nature prevail that is survival of fittest or jisk ki lathi uski bhes. it is not only true for biological evaluation but also in society.

see the latest example of Aligarh farmers instead of crying they did something that can be heard by govt and by all other leaders and got their rights.

in-spite of all the things you have mentioned i feel myself free to speak what i can, to do what i can ,,to go where i can etc and it is because of our great freedom fighters. we celebrate the independence day not to remember what  we do not have but for what we have that was not available before 15th august of 1947.

so instead of weeping for what we do not have we should celebrate what we have.

regards

(Guest)

My dear Puneet, at first I will say that "Yes, you have convinced me"..

Secondly, I'II say that; I know whatever you said here and that's why we, including me, celebrate Independence Day proudly.

The task put up by Mr. Tushar is just right.  I appreciate you, and as you remember my words that you have to earn your rights like it this also remember that "You will be a successful citizen in society", BUT, ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR RIGHTS.

Do you know that I am ever watching you constantly, NO ? NA !!.. YES !!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register