LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 July 2010

adverse possession

whether adverse possession can be claim by Plaintiff by declaration and injunction?

please give some case laws for same.

Learning

10 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     09 July 2010

Sir I am attaching one of Hon. SC, just check whether it is useful to u or not. Tomorrow I will be posting some of the judgements on Adv. Possession.

Attached File : 27 27 rame gowda d by lrs vs m varadappa naidu d by lrs anr on 15 december 2003.pdf downloaded: 311 times
1 Like

Thanks for instant reply i will be waiting some other judgements.

Thanks

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 July 2010

Thank you Jayaswal for posting the Judgment.

sir,

Thanks for the case law.

But to be more precise my client / plaintiff is already in possession for around 60 years now he wants to deal with the property, hence declaration of title by adverse possession is required so can Plaintiff claim title by adverse possession by approaching court.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     09 July 2010

advers possession against whom?

khaja (student)     09 July 2010

hiiiii

thank u sir...

www.hellolaw.net

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     09 July 2010

Sir,

As I know Adv. possession is a good shield, but using it as a sword can be fatal. Also recently Hon. SC has passed a tough remark which is below-

" The apex court in its judgement noted, “Before parting with this case, we deem it appropriate to observe that the law of adverse possession which ousts and owner on the basis of inaction within limitation is irrational, illogical and wholly disproportionate.” The law, as it exists, is extremely harsh for the true owner and a windfall for a dishonest person who had illegally taken possession of the property of true owner, the bench noted.

“The law ought not to benefit a person who in a clandestine manner takes possession of the property of the owner in contravention of law. This in substance would mean that the law give seal of approval to the illegal action or activities of a rank trespasser or who had wrongfully taken possession of the property of the true owner,” the bench added."

Also

"

Justice Bhandari, writing for the bench in the 23-page judgement also observed,” We fail to comprehend why the law should place premium on dishonesty by legitimising possession of a rank trespasser and compelling the owner to loose its possession only because of his inaction in taking back the possession within limitation.” The apex court concluded by saying, ”In our considered view there is an urgent meet of fresh look regarding the law on adverse possession. We recommend the Union of India to seriously consider and make suitable changes in the law of adverse possession. A copy of this judgement be sent to the Secretary Minisrty of Law and Justice, Department Legal Affairs and Government of India for taking appropriate steps in accordance with the law.” The Supreme Court has also said the Right to Property is now part of Human Rights."

If u need full Judgment I will attach it.

So think before any action, Proving will be a difficult task.I donot know what document u r having,

Mere long permissive possesion is not sufficient , U will have to do a lot of home work.

Tomorrow after sorting I will provide so many judgement with all requite literature.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 July 2010

sir,

If possible kindly provide me all the judgement.

Thanks

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     10 July 2010

Here is the latest judgement of Hon. SC in which it has remarked that it needs change.

Attached File : 13 13 law on adverse possession needs change says sc.doc downloaded: 205 times

Srinivas (Director)     11 July 2010

Hi Sirish,

There are several case laws on adverse possession. I have done quite a bit of research on this topic.

What is your specific case? If you provide high level view of what you want to know about adverse possession you will have lot more directed response.

best wishes,

Srinivas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register